Falconers flight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tapped my first IPA that had nothing but Falconers in it and I think it tastes and smells great. Kind a fruity/ citrus taste and aroma as far as I can tell but my brew is still a little young.

Love Falconers Flight. I think it goes especially well in amber ales complimenting caramel/sweetness of malt. It is fruity/citrus. My go-to hop for ambers. Have not used it in IPA's to be honest. Sure it would be good there too though.

I generally bitter with Magnum or Centennial and save the FF for the last 10-15 minutes and dry hopping.

Thanks guys it helped , im doing a pretty simple grain bill 10# 2row 1# honey malt . F.F is the only hop going in . I will let ya know how it turns out .

I just tapped an american amber with falconers and cascade. Came out pretty nice. I think the grain bill needs a little work, but the hops are good. about 40 ibu's in 1.055 beer.

I use falconers 7 c's with extra cascade in my pale ale

It's really greatly, bright, citrusy. I get a lot of orange and grapefruit with subtle dank pine from the Columbus and chinook. Great for summer

Falconers flight isn't "a" hop. It's a blend of hops. Its a proprietary blend, but basically its a bunch of the big american hops. So, if you like all the big american hops, you'll love FF.

Let us know how that pound of honey malt works for you. I personally dislike it but keep seeing it included in recipes all over the boards. As for the FF, I haven't used it exclusively or in any great amount, but the one time I did use it I was very pleased with the outcome. I blended it further with some Cascade and Chinook and the beer turned out pretty nice. Go for it.

Back