Falconer's Flight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did today! Smells wonderful. Very citrus, as you would expect. I used it in an American Wheat at 60 and 5 with some Amarillo and Sorachi also. Will have to wait a month to comment on the taste though! :mug:

I used the 2011 crop. I believe it is the same other than slight changes to the AA.

I brewed a batch from last years batch and unfortunately it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped. I would be willing to try it again if I got it very fresh.

I used it for an IPA with some NZ Riwaka...turned out well! Comes through with a really nice citrus.

Did any of you guys know Glen? I sure miss him :( I think this hop blend is a great tribute to him. I'm going to get some before long and make a nice IPA

Has anyone used Falconer's flight hops yet? If so what do you think?

I brewed an IPA last summer that featured FF at 15 minutes, knockout, and dryhop. It played well off Amarillo, Centennial for flavoring and aroma, and Magnum/CTZ for bittering. Aroma was exceptional. Great IPA I look forward to brewing again.

I brewed a batch from last years batch and unfortunately it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped. I would be willing to try it again if I got it very fresh.

This. A SMa"SH" if you consider FF as the single hop. I was underwhelmed. However, it was in the early days of my brewing experience and looking back I can see that I really didn't get a fresh batch. Fresh it would make a really bright and tasty beer!

Replying to my original post in this thread. I've been super busy, and forgot about this batch. I let it sit for 4 weeks in primary. Dry hopped it and left the dry hops in for a week longer than planned. Oh well... This weekend I'll be transferring to a keg, so 2-3 weeks from know I should finally know how it tastes.

Replying to my original post in this thread. I've been super busy, and forgot about this batch. I let it sit for 4 weeks in primary. Dry hopped it and left the dry hops in for a week longer than planned. Oh well... This weekend I'll be transferring to a keg, so 2-3 weeks from know I should finally know how it tastes.

I know it is a year old, but how did this turn out? I had a brew at a restaurant that used these and I liked it a lot, so I was thinking about making something with it. I was leaning towards something like a Bells 2 Hearted clone (which uses nothing but Centennial in 4 additions + dry hop) but replacing all the centennial with Falconers.

makes a nice american amber ale hop. Bitter with something like magnum and then throw in about 4 ounces of FF over the last 15 minutes/dry hopping.

Old thread, but it was recently resurrected. I'm doing a mash and boiling in the mornings, meanwhile, I'm killing time as I heat the water by having an IPA I made sometime back with Falconer's Flight. I've also used it in a a Saison. I can't say I'm fan. I got a soapy onion taste in both of those beers. My brew process is pretty solid. I don't get this flavor from other beers, so I'm pretty sure it's not an off flavor. My taste buds just don't care too much for this blend. Has anyone tried Falconer's 7C's? Just curios about that blend. I might give it a try sometime.

Back