failed fermentation in secondary...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

london1o1

Reaction score
I'm brewing what was an attempt at a sort of Imperial Oud Bruin. I don't have all the info on me right now, as it's being brewed/fermenting at my brewing partner's house, but it was somewhere in the 8.5% ABV range after primary. The plan was to rack to secondary, and repitch with a Belgian Wild Yeast, but there was a snafu at the homebrew shop that resulted in us having to wait a while for said yeast. So we racked to secondary anyway, and let it sit for about a week or two before the yeast showed up. Then we tossed it in. And waited.
No bubbling or anything. It's been another week or so now with nothing. This is where it would be nice to have my brewing notes on hand, but I'm pretty sure the gravity was still somewhere in the 1.02's range. Should we have thrown a yeast starter/boiled malt-water in there to help the yeast get going, or should that not be necessary?

Thanks.

You should do a search on the term "brett". I'm assuming that is the strain you are using.

Back