f******* heat wave man...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
79 in my house had to clear out my freezer and get it to 62 degrees. and move my fermenting beers in there... gah... hope this stupid weather didnt f**k up my beer... i'm annoyed...

We just had a foot of snow dumped on us, to be followed by sub-zero temps.

we had 5 inches last weekend.. it was 82 today.... so.... temp strip on my primary was at 78 when i got home today..

Damn. That sucks. On the bright side, the snow will melt fast.

If you close the door to the bathroom and turn on the fan, it'll draw out the hottest air from the top while pulling in the coolest air in the next room under the door. You can get as much as 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house in there, especially if it's on an outside wall.

I pitched the yeast into my Stout on Monday when the wort was at 65. I woke up this morning and it was 55... In my living room. I currently have the primary in my bedroom, the heater cranked, a heat pad strapped to the bucket and a towel around that. Still no activity from the yeast..

79 in my house had to clear out my freezer and get it to 62 degrees. and move my fermenting beers in there... gah... hope this stupid weather didnt f**k up my beer... i'm annoyed...

I hear ya! I have had to "bathe" all of my fermentors for the last couple of weeks. Temps have been in the 80's and the "broo room" got up to 75F. At least the bath tub filled with water has offered some relief to my baby brews.

Sorry, I had to laugh at this. How much food did you waste to save your beer? God knows I'm with ya. Chuck the food and save the brew!!!!!
:mug:

HAHA! no.. this is the 20sq ft freezer i just bought to convert to a keezer... so it was empty basically... just had some doo-dads in there..
i had luckily just received my johnson analog temp control in on teh day..

it's down there and happy at around 65 degrees.. lovely brew.... cant wait until it hatches

Back