F.g.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHB

Reaction score
Done three 5gal batches and my F.G. has been alot higher than called for in all of them. tastes way too sweet. How can i increase my F.G.

-I used all dry yeast pitched directly into carboy @78f, primary fermentation @60-67 f( my heater cycles day/night) for 14-18 days???

Welcome to HBT!
Aerating your wort before you pitch and re-hydrating your yeast might get you a few more points.

A good aeration puts enough oxygen in the wort for the yeast to reproduce and gets your fermentation going strong.

Re-hydrating your yeast will give you many more viable cells without stressing them by having to hydrate in wort.

Happy yeast = better fermentation.

What size packs of yeast are you using? The small 7 gram packs are not enough. The 11 gram packs are much better.

How low is your FG and what kind of brewing are you doing?? All extract? Kits? Mini Mash? How close are you to your expected FGs?

Back