Extract Kit Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwojoiv

Reaction score
I've been home brewing since the middle of 2012, and to date I have only used Northern Brewer extract kits. I have had great luck with these kits and like the outcome.

Today I went to check on the availability of one of my favorites, and the price went from $50 to $60 in the last few weeks. I'm not happy about the price increase, so I am going to start to look elsewhere for extract kits.

What recommendations do you folks have on quality extract kits? I see lots of them available out there, but want to hear what people here have to say on ones that they have had good experiences with.

Try here for fresh kits in any brewing style; http://www.midwestsupplies.com/ Their prices vary somewhat with complexity,but they have some pretty good prices. And the kits taste pretty good to me. Especially the PM kits. I can do a partial mash pale ale kit from them with premium dry yeast for 25 bucks.

I like Brewers Best. They are in the $30 - $45.

The only other extract kits I have experience with are Mr Beer.

Back