Extract Brewing is still fun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubBrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been Brewing for several years now and all grain for some time. Last night I came home from work and made an extract batch with specialty grains with a friend in a few hours.

It was awesome, quick, easy. Don't get me wrong, I love my all grain system and I'll be using it more often than not, but there is definitely a place for the occasional extract batch.

I'll be working a few more in especially during the cold winter months.

I wanted to encourage everyone to take the occasional trip down memory lane and explore your brewing roots!

I agree, I love the all grain brew day but for me they need to be planned out in advance with enough time to ensure I can complete the project.

I throw in a mini mash or extract with speciality grains to fill in the holes in my pipeline. I may do one tonight. I can do the entire batch start to finish in about three hours which works well with putting the kids to bed. The only way to keep five taps full is to brew a mix of both

Right on! I've been building an electric all grain system for six months so my kegerator is bone dry, so I was making this batch as filler but I really enjoyed it.

You're right not nearly the planning required and I can do it mid week. The down side is my wife complains about the smell again.

Back