Extended Diacetyl rest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King of Cascade

Reaction score
Two week ago I made 5 Gallons of German Pilsner so I could build up some yeast to make ten gallons of Oktoberfest beer. I only have 1 lager fridge so I had to take the Pilsner out and leave it at room temp two weeks after the initial fermentation stopped. I know some people do a D- rest at temperatures around 60 degrees F for a few days but I may need to leave it out until I put it in the kegarator. Is the beer going to be OK at these temps for the next two weeks?

I think me question is not clear...so could I leave my german pils at 60 degrees for two more weeks. I already fermented at 51 degrees for two weeks.

I think me question is not clear...so could I leave my german pils at 60 degrees for two more weeks. I already fermented at 51 degrees for two weeks.

Well, I understand the question, but I just don't have an answer! I rarely do any d-rests anyway, and I've never done one longer than 48 hours, so I just don't have the experience to answer that. In my little mind, though, I can't think of a reason why not. If fermentation is finished, and you're planning to lager, I don't know of any harm that can come to the lager at 60 degrees for 2 weeks.

What are your other options. I don't think it's the best that can happen to the beer but you don't seem to have other options.

Kai

Latest posts

Back