Expectations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy24a

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What temperature would I expect to cool down to in a basement that is in the 80's with a fermenter that is jacketed and has a cooling coil with a properly sized glycol chiller?. My fermenter is a 18 gal. But most of my batches are in the 6 to 10 gallon range.

I can't help you with your question. I just ferment and condition in my basement in a bucket, carboy, and bottles. It's 60-70 down there year-round. How is it that your basement is 80?

Edit: Is part of your basement actually above ground because of a sloping lot?

Last edited:
What temperature would I expect to cool down to in a basement that is in the 80's with a fermenter that is jacketed and has a cooling coil with a properly sized glycol chiller?. My fermenter is a 18 gal. But most of my batches are in the 6 to 10 gallon range.

If you have a glycol chiller you should be able to get any temp you set the chiller to. I haven't heard or read anything to the contrary.

Back