Exchange a 6 pack of your local beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senorfartman

Reaction score
Would there be interest in exchanging local beers with one another (microbrews not home brews)? For instance I'm in Baltimore and there is a bunch of microbreweries in the area that some one on the West Coast wouldn't get to try.

Perhaps send a 6 pack or 12 of assorted local brews so others across the US or even abroad maybe could try them out.

This type of organized 'swap' is generally reserved for paying members of the forum.

As you can tell, there is quite the community here, so pony up!

:D

I kind of like this idea, but I am a little concerned about the legality? Isn't shipping accross state lines a problem? Isn't that exactly what got The Bandit in trouble with Smokey? Anyone?

Secret Santa exchange is for commercial brews - but hey, maybe there's enough interest to do a Secret Santa In July this year??? I would die for some fresh micros from somewhere interesting. Being in Nebr., all we see are Colorado micro's.... given, New Belgium, Great Divide, Boulder Beer Co and Left Hand are all good breweries, but I'd love to see offerings from elsewhere too.

There's that Magnolia (?) Pecan Brown from Georgia that I'd love to try, and I'm dying to stock up on New Glarus - but I think I'll do that next time I vacation up there - just load up the truck, and drive! Cheaper than shipping it... Oh and I've never tried EF either.

senorfartman said:
Would there be interest in exchanging local beers with one another (microbrews not home brews)? For instance I'm in Baltimore and there is a bunch of microbreweries in the area that some one on the West Coast wouldn't get to try.

Perhaps send a 6 pack or 12 of assorted local brews so others across the US or even abroad maybe could try them out.

Sure, what do you want for San Diego?

chriso said:
There's that Magnolia (?) Pecan Brown from Georgia that I'd love to try...

If you're talking about Lazy Magnolia, Southern Pecan, I can get you some of that. I work there, but we're in Mississippi, not Georgia!

:D

chriso said:
Oh and I've never tried EF either.

It's fantastic, but your wife might not like it as much...OR, she'll be a freak for it.

:cross:

Spyk'd said:
If you're talking about Lazy Magnolia, Southern Pecan, I can get you some of that. I work there, but we're in Mississippi, not Georgia!
Whoops. Sorry, wrong wasteland of humidity, my bad. Either way, if the air ain't dry and the county ain't wet, I don't wanna see it. :D Anyways, not too bad of a memory considering all I knew was that it had Magnolia in the name. (I'm ignoring that you work there, lest I get too jealous. :) )

Spyk'd said:
It's fantastic, but your wife might not like it as much...OR, she'll be a freak for it.

I thought that only applied to New Years' plans? Either way, I'm pretty sure we have a rule against that.... where'd I put my handbook? Drat.

Latest posts

Back