Excess hops... help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samtoberfest

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've got a fair amount of hops that I'm not super familiar with using together, and that I want to utilize in our house Pale and some new IPA's. Malt bass is real simple: Pale, some Munich and touch of C-45.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on pairing these varieties together, and/or how they would go about using them: Comet, Hallertau Blanc, Hull Melon, El Dorado and Calypso. Perhaps interesting NEIPA?

I work at a brewery so we're talking hundreds of pounds. The homebrew community are the real think tanks, so I'm turning to you all! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Cheers!

5 different SMaSH beers????

I would look up the characteristics of the hops and pair them based on that. If you have two or three that are described as fruity, I would use those together. If some are herbal or something use those together. Of those I have only used El Dorado, so I don't know how it would go with the others.

I am a little familiar with Calypso; did 2 or 3 batches with it one summer.
It is very grapefruit like as a 20 minute flavor addition, I didn't really care for this but a few others did.
I liked it as a flameout aroma hop on a summer pale ale (low abv).
I never dry hopped with it.

Back