Evolution of a Weissbier - fascinating!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcaneXor

Reaction score
On April 21, I brewed my "Weevilweizen", which was created out of a mistake I made at the homebrew shop (I combined flaked grains and malt into the same container, and thus couldn't mill it on the store mill without gumming up the rollers).

Two weeks later, I started enjoying a very fascinating Weizen with a distinct vanilla pudding flavor from all the flaked grains. It was surprisingly delicious. But since I only have a 2-keg kegerator, it eventually had to go into (warm) storage to make way for other brews.

Yesterday, I put it back into the kegerator. I expected something stale and uninteresting, but what I got instead is a clear beer with beautiful fruit esters of apple, orange and remaining banana. It almost tastes like a cider now!

Lesson: Always keep some beers around to taste after a few months. Sometimes, there are very pleasant surprises in store!

Back