Everyone's favorite brewing supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
There's no way around me mail ordering for supplies. Tentatively what I need:

LME
DME(both most likely in a large quantity)
yeast
hops
caps
sanitizer
specialty grain
temperature controller
spout/system to pour beer from bucket to bottle
cleaning brush
maybe some other small stuff

I really prefer to just have one, two dealers total. Who's out there that has decent prices overall and isn't going to gouge me with shipping? I've used midwest suppliers and beer-wine before. Any advice would be great.

I've dealt mostly with http://www.midwestsupplies.com/ since I started brewing two years ago. Fresh ingredients, wide selection, reasonable prices, and they always get my order correct, even when there are twenty little things on it. If they don't have what I order, they will also call if they have a substitute product in stock, to see if I want it instead. I can't say enough good about their service.

OTOH, I've also ordered from Austin Homebrew, and the things I got were fine, too, and I've seen numerous comments on this another forum lauding a number of other homebrew suppliers as being very good. So- I think you've got a wide choice.

I've ordered from B3, AHS, Brewmasters Wharehouse, and Williams. I like all of them. AHS is close to me, so I order from them to get stuff here fast, but I think I'm gonna start using Brewmaster's...

I've dealt mostly with http://www.midwestsupplies.com/ since I started brewing two years ago. Fresh ingredients, wide selection, reasonable prices, and they always get my order correct, even when there are twenty little things on it. If they don't have what I order, they will also call if they have a substitute product in stock, to see if I want it instead. I can't say enough good about their service.
good to know. I am getting tired of the local guy and just ordered my first set from there.
:rockin:

I usually go for Austin Homebrew or Northern Brewer. This thread pops up every so often, do search and you'll find a bunch of threads that talk about this.

I've been ordering from www.brewmasterswarehouse.com lately, and they are awesome.

The layout makes it easy to find stuff, the prices are pretty low, and they somehow manage to ship my order to me in a matter of 4 days for a flat shipping rate of $7, no matter how heavy my order is.

Plus I'm pretty sure the owner is a member here, so I feel like I'm supporting the homebrewtalk community when I buy from him :)

I use Brewmaster's Warehouse almost exclusively. Order from William's Brewing as well, as they have the biggest selection of keg parts. You can also check out Annapolis Homebrew, I'm pretty sure they sell LME in bulk (haven't found others that do).

BIG fan of Brewmasters Warehouse here. Their recipe builder is great. You can't go wrong with Northern Brewer or Austin Homebrew Supply either, but I've been really happy with BMW.

Back