Ever heard of Black Oak Arkansas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksmoker

Reaction score
Been a extract brewer and wine maker since I was 18... turning 37 tomorrow and for my birthday I'm giving myself the gift of a 10 gallon all grain system...converting two half barrel kegs into HLT and brew kettle, starting with a cooler for MLT...following the lead of our good friend, Mr. Palmer.

Most recipes I see are geared toward 5 gallon batches... Since my first will be a 10 gallon, I'm sure my luck won't allow it to be as easy as simply multiplying by two... I'll check out the "first all grain" forums, But if anyone can throw a heads up my way, I'll drink a cold one in your honor.

Thanks for the reply, and yes I've seen "How to brew"... Mr. Palmer is an asset to the community... Deserves praise for his efforts to educate the masses.

"Nobody lives their lives all the way up except bull-fighters" - The Sun Also Rises...Ernest Hemingway... Do you know the town near Black Oak, Arkansas where he lived? His house is a museum there... That town was hammered by 2inches of ice earlier this week.

True to my word, sipping on a glass of homemade Honey Brown...here's to ya "amigo".:mug:

703229_356x237.jpg
Black Oak Arkansas? The 70's band that I never listened to? :cross:

"Nobody lives their lives all the way up except bull-fighters" - The Sun Also Rises...Ernest Hemingway... Do you know the town near Black Oak, Arkansas where he lived? His house is a museum there... That town was hammered by 2inches of ice earlier this week.:

DUDE!!!!!!!

That's been in my sig for like 6 months. I've been done with that book forever. I always put a quote from a book that I'm reading. You sir have successfully answered my sig! :mug:

That's them...Never listened to them?!?! I bet you heard'em and never knew it.

Bartender, a cold one for the Gnome... another for my mexican friend, and let's all raise our glasses to the poor folk in Piggot (home of Hemingway) and everyone else without power tonight.

That's them...Never listened to them?!?! I bet you heard'em and never knew it.

Bartender, a cold one for the Gnome... another for my mexican friend, and let's all raise our glasses to the poor folk in Piggot (home of Hemingway) and everyone else without power tonight.

I probably did. Some of my friends were into them to a degree. That was how I learned that Arkansas was not pronounced the same as "Are Kansas" :drunk:

I'll bet it was a helluva show! ... I was born too late and will die too soon.

It was...

I remember being in Germany in the later '70s. I went to 5 concerts (one each weekend)...some of them at the Olympic Stadium in Munich...ELO, Queen, Aerosmith (Zirkus Krone in Munich), Pink FLoyd, Peter Frampton (Comes Alive Tour), and Black Sabbath with AC/DC (Nurnberg)...I was broke for a while...:D

Back