Ever have to explain 400 lbs of grain to sig other?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
... the bulk cost savings argument isn't quite making up for all these sacks of grain in an 800sqft suite...

It was hard enough for me to convince her of 200# in a house w/ a basement that I use primarily for my stuff.

GOOD LUCK!

also try having tons of hops and then getting deployed. A year later trying to convince your wife that you need to start getting fresh stuff while you throw away tons of hops

The trick is to stack them all against the wall... kinda like an Andy Warhol painting, except with grain sacks.

well, not being married, in a tight-quarters, or owning more than 50#, i can't offer you any useful advice... other than, you might want to prioritize what will live "outside"

Sorry honey you're going to have to sleep outside, need to make more room for grain :cross:

Yes.. :)

DSC00371.jpg

My wife's advice is to buy her something shiny and expensive. She will quickly forget the grain for a few hours. It should give you time to think of something better.

I managed about 50lbs Marris Otter without a comment, but got the back of the hand when she caught me trying to order 50lbs of Golden Promise for "comparison" brew ....

I have 200 lbs of grain in the brewsment but my wife is a Saint and leaves me alone to pursue my hobby/obsession. Montanaandy

My SWMBO does not mind. She likes my brews and is an artist so she has plenty of stuff herself. When we decided to move in together we both agreed that we needed to have enough space to accommodate ourselves and our hobbies and not having the place look like a storage unit. So we rent a 3 bdrm 1500 squ ft duplex with a front porch, basement and back yard

It was hard enough for me to convince her of 200# in a house w/ a basement that I use primarily for my stuff.

GOOD LUCK!

same here, she was very skeptical about the 5 sacks i brought into the house, and is still unsure of the mathematics because i keep telling her it makes things cheaper

I always do the bottle to pint convertion ....

5kgs gains == $35 == 45 pints

$35 == a 12 pack

Do the math woman!

I negelect to add any cost for gas, hops, adjuncts etc etc :eek:)

just put it in the solid colored rubbermade tubs before she gets home and put it off to the side, and just trail off when she asks you about it until she finally peeks inside one of them. done deal

+1 on that one...

Heck I even have my wife trained to take the yeast packs out of the packages as they arrive and stick them in the fridge.

Holy snickey's! I still brew in the garage when she's out of town (because of the smell). On the other had she came to me (without hint or clues) and said, "I want you to build a brewery in the basement so I don't have to see you in the kitchen anymore."

I quietly and humbley said, "ok."

Holy snickey's! I still brew in the garage when she's out of town (because of the smell). On the other had she came to me (without hint or clues) and said, "I want you to build a brewery in the basement so I don't have to see you in the kitchen anymore."

I quietly and humbley said, "ok."

Ha shes a keeper I only keep a sack of 2 row around at a time mainly because i have to walk up three flights of stairs to get it up to the apt. I do have to explain why different bits and pieces of a brewery keep showing up at random times liek tonight when i walked in the door with my completed keggle:tank:

I always do the bottle to pint convertion ....

5kgs gains == $35 == 45 pints

$35 == a 12 pack

Do the math woman!

I negelect to add any cost for gas, hops, adjuncts etc etc :eek:)

that's crazy 35 bucks! here it's only like $20, i guess it isn't so bad after conversion.

i just took SWMBO with me to pick up my 300 lb order... we walked into BMW and she said "ooh i love how this place smells!! It smells like bread." So i capitalized on the situation and said, "wouldn't it be great if the house smelled like this!"

She also likes to make bread and dog treats from the spend grains, and feed the veggie garden compost with the leftovers.... so she's cool with it. (but she doesn't help carry it in from the car...)

Latest posts

Back