ever had a sick psycho for a neighbor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GranillaNutz

Reaction score
just gotta notice in the mail of a repeat sex offender moving in a house 3 houses down from mine. 2 counts of molestation of a juvenile and 2 counts of crimes against nature. i've seen the owner of the rental property several times and he's a bit of a fruitcake himself, but i can deal with that... i can't deal with a person that has ever harmed a child like that... i have a 3 year old daughter and i don't think i'll be able to contain myself if i see that guy walking around. is there actually a law stating that you HAVE to rent to people like this? i know i've rented several properties in my lifetime and on all the applications it asks my criminal history.
i'm originally from a small town in north louisiana and had one notice of a sex offender in the nieghborhood there, and he didn't like the welcoming party very much, i promise u. but now i'm kinda stuck in the chocolate city for the time being and the liberals here are overwhelming.
i just hope i'm not sitting on my porch one night drunk, and he walks by. he may catch a bottle to the head. i just don't see why people like that can get a second chance. that's just crossing WAY over the line.

Criminal discrimination is allowed isn't it? I mean they wont let those sickos near schools and daycares....

Anyhow I feel for you, that sucks big time, I have 3 myself and I would completely flip out if it happened. I check the registry every so often to check!

That's a tough one. I've got little ones, too. My wife is the one I'd worry about. She'd probably march her @$$ down there and tell him if he even walked by the house, let alone looked at one of the kids, she'd cut his nuts off.

mabye i'll just whoop the landlords ass for letting him rent...
i just realized, as i walkd out for a smoke, that house is in a school zone... there's a private school and church within spitting distance of my house.

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....:D

Difficult situation indeed. Everyone has a right to live where they want. It used to be a law that if you paid your time for the crime you paid your debt to society (very crappy term that I've never liked...more like you paid your debt to the police state...but we still got your ass...).

Do you REALLY know what his charges were or are you listening to gossip? I've read lots of sad stories that shouldn't have been like the woman who knew her underaged daughter was having sex, but because the mother didn't (couldn't) stop her the mother is now a sex offender without actually not doing anything sexually related. WTF??? I know this is a case that was definitely taken too far, but it was just an example.

Do you confront the guy and tell/warn him to steer clear of your house/kids. Does he abide or does it become a challenge to him?

I think before MOST of these people are left out the judge SHOULD be ASKED one question: If you let this guy out of jail/prison and you owned the houses on either side of you...would you rent one of them to him if you had children at home? :D If the judge answered no, then back to bar city for them. But that's not legal.

Dress mannequins to resemble him and place them in your front yard, dying in various, torturous ways. Make sure to have each of them holding a fake flower. If he sees you out there, smile at him while grabbing the closest one, mime a shot to it's head, and then destroy it in the most brutal, sick, demeaning possible way, all while keeping eye contact.

If the libs come around, act haughty and offended and tell them that they just aren't complex enough to understand the deep psychological, physiological and sociological meanings, statements and emotional expressions and that go into your artwork and performance art.

Reactions: Gar
I have a neighbor whose a former Marine. He's old and retired and has a fetish. He likes to break into your house and watch you sleep. Every summer he'd start at it again late at night. People have spotted him in their yards, looking in their windows, and even in their bedrooms. He was never caught in the act but one night the cops picked him up for something and put him under house arrest for the summer. It's ****ed because you'd never expect him to be that kind of person. He's married, has a nice house, the grand kids come over on the weekend and his wife walks their dog by my house everyday. Everyone knows what he does/did but no one's been able to prove it. I don't think he's been up to his old ways lately but it got kind of crazy for a few years. People learned his routes through the woods and yards that he would travel at night and would hide and wait for him waiting to catch him in the act. But no one ever caught him - that guy was stealthy.

I have a neighbor whose a former Marine. He's old and retired and has a fetish. He likes to break into your house and watch you sleep. Every summer he'd start at it again late at night. People have spotted him in their yards, looking in their windows, and even in their bedrooms. He was never caught in the act but one night the cops picked him up for something and put him under house arrest for the summer. It's ****ed because you'd never expect him to be that kind of person. He's married, has a nice house, the grand kids come over on the weekend and his wife walks their dog by my house everyday. Everyone knows what he does/did but no one's been able to prove it. I don't think he's been up to his old ways lately but it got kind of crazy for a few years. People learned his routes through the woods and yards that he would travel at night and would hide and wait for him waiting to catch him in the act. But no one ever caught him - that guy was stealthy.

I hate to sound like I'm defending someone of the charecture described, I am not BUT this sounds like a story and only a story... If this guy was breaking into houses and watching people sleep he WOULD BE CAUGHT if it is so well known and such a repeated offense. Sounds alot like the "if you go get your baseball from Mr. Spookies yard I hear he cuts off your arm and makes you use it as a baseball bat yourself!!!!"

If this did indeed happen, again I am not defending it and he should be dealt with but sometimes, just sometimes things are not as they seem.

For the registered offender i would DEFINITLY call the police and ask about the specific crimes and/or search the court records. Somewhere there is a public file on the individual's charges and convictions and the details need to be known....

Long story short - the guy who got the sex offender notice; that sucks and you definitly need to know the guys details! I don't have kids and I can't imagine what reading that notice feels like. Wish you all the luck.

People learned his routes through the woods and yards that he would travel at night and would hide and wait for him waiting to catch him in the act. But no one ever caught him - that guy was stealthy.
Lucky for them. He probably would've put a survival knife through their neck. Don't mess with crazy f'd up marines!

I hate to sound like I'm defending someone of the charecture described, I am not BUT this sounds like a story and only a story... If this guy was breaking into houses and watching people sleep he WOULD BE CAUGHT if it is so well known and such a repeated offense. Sounds alot like the "if you go get your baseball from Mr. Spookies yard I hear he cuts off your arm and makes you use it as a baseball bat yourself!!!!"

If this did indeed happen, again I am not defending it and he should be dealt with but sometimes, just sometimes things are not as they seem.

For the registered offender i would DEFINITLY call the police and ask about the specific crimes and/or search the court records. Somewhere there is a public file on the individual's charges and convictions and the details need to be known....

Long story short - the guy who got the sex offender notice; that sucks and you definitly need to know the guys details! I don't have kids and I can't imagine what reading that notice feels like. Wish you all the luck.

We went through 3 summers where the cops patrolled our neighborhood more than usual. They had a few run ins with this guy but apparently nothing they could arrest him for. During these years one lady woke up to a man in camouflage in her room watching her sleep and one family spotted a camouflaged man leaving their property after the mother saw someone watching her change from her window. His neighbors on both sides made calls to police about suspicious activity in his yard and their yards late at night. He was never caught in the act and nothing happened. The fourth summer they found my neighbor, dressed in camouflage, running through someone's yard and then running from them in the middle of night. I don't know exactly what they arrested him for but he was put on house arrest for the summer.

Go ahead and think its a story if you want. It is what it is. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to go around making up stories on the internet for the fun of it. Any of my neighbors who lived here during those years will tell you there's a history of my neighbor being a peeping tom.

We went through 3 summers where the cops patrolled our neighborhood more than usual. They had a few run ins with this guy but apparently nothing they could arrest him for. During these years one lady woke up to a man in camouflage in her room watching her sleep and one family spotted a camouflaged man leaving their property after the mother saw someone watching her change from her window. His neighbors on both sides made calls to police about suspicious activity in his yard and their yards late at night. He was never caught in the act and nothing happened. The fourth summer they found my neighbor, dressed in camouflage, running through someone's yard and then running from them in the middle of night. I don't know exactly what they arrested him for but he was put on house arrest for the summer.

Go ahead and think its a story if you want. It is what it is. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to go around making up stories on the internet for the fun of it. Any of my neighbors who lived here during those years will tell you there's a history of my neighbor being a peeping tom.

Dude! dont blow EvilTOJs cover!

You're just mad because that's the story your mom told you when you walked in on us and you found out otherwise. Suuuure I was just 'watching her sleep' :D

I know this my opinion on this is extremely unpopular since everyone loves a good sex offender witchhunt :rolleye: but leave the dude alone and he'll leave you alone. Look at what happened last time some numbnuts decided vigilante justice was deserved. Sex Offender's Attacker: 'I Would Do It Again' - Seattle News Story - KIRO Seattle She beat a man for no reason. He did nothing to her and she was convicted.

So keep that in mind GrainillaNutz if you want to fling bottles at people's heads, I hope you like dealing with the cops when they're called on your ass for assault. OH WAI....

FYI, there's 8 sex offenders that live within a half mile of me. I looked up all their records before I bought my place. The one with the most recent offend was 1997. Yea I'm not too worried about it. Most molestation and abuse comes from trusted family or family friends rather than creeps down the street. Sex offenders have the lowest rate of recidivism 43%of sex offenders versus 68% of non-sex offenders.

Everyone has a right to live where they want.

Unless you are a sex offender...

I agree that you should not directly confront this person, it will really not help you out. But, if you are concerned, look into your state's laws. I know here in Georgia convicted sex offenders cannot live within a certain distance of "any area where children congregate" this includes schools, churches, and even school bus stops. If you think he is in violation of the law contact your state DA, if that does not work and you still think a law is being broken call the TV stations.

Unless you are a sex offender...

I agree that you should not directly confront this person, it will really not help you out. But, if you are concerned, look into your state's laws. I know here in Georgia convicted sex offenders cannot live within a certain distance of "any area where children congregate" this includes schools, churches, and even school bus stops. If you think he is in violation of the law contact your state DA, if that does not work and you still think a law is being broken call the TV stations.

That's what I was saying, there are laws at least in my state that prohibit sex offenders from living within a certain distance of a school zone / day care and some other establishments. If you are in fact so close you need to notify your local PD.

yea i don't think it's right... i don't think the punishment fit the crime either... and as far as the details of the crimes he committed, the terms "crimes against nature"(which i think usually means sodomy in louisiana) and "molestation of a juvenile" (not statutory rape) were enough for me. to me the two combine spell out "butt raping a little boy" and the fact that he looks like pogo the clown. i have to go by the SS office today anyway so mabye i'll swing by the DA's and see why this was allowed. and it's an elementry school.. double you tee eff? all of the signs that state the school zone havn't been replaced since the hurricane... but aren't school zones 2 blocks? he's only 5 or 6 buildings away... seems like they should come out and ask the people in the neighborhood if it's ok... i'm sure they would've loved to have him in the french quarter around dauphine and bourbon... there's rainbow flags flyin high all over around there

yea i don't think it's right... i don't think the punishment fit the crime either... and as far as the details of the crimes he committed, the terms "crimes against nature"(which i think usually means sodomy in louisiana) and "molestation of a juvenile" (not statutory rape) were enough for me. to me the two combine spell out "butt raping a little boy" and the fact that he looks like pogo the clown. i have to go by the SS office today anyway so mabye i'll swing by the DA's and see why this was allowed. and it's an elementry school.. double you tee eff? all of the signs that state the school zone havn't been replaced since the hurricane... but aren't school zones 2 blocks? he's only 5 or 6 buildings away... seems like they should come out and ask the people in the neighborhood if it's ok... i'm sure they would've loved to have him in the french quarter around dauphine and bourbon... there's rainbow flags flyin high all over around there

Whats that suppose to mean exactly? Rainbow flags usually stand for gay pride? :confused:

Hiding in ambush in the woods in the middle of the night to sneak up on a former marine has got to rank up near the very top of Darwin Awards status in trying to remove yourself from the gene pool.

Waiting for brewt00l to post...

deep breath....exhale.......sigh. I've moved and *knock on wood* things are so much better that I hardly think about that a**hole 'cept w/ fond desires to dig a hole for him in the 'barrens. With a little bit of distance the thing that still rubs me the wrong way is that the cops will give these wackjobs more rights than you or me...the more screwed up they are, the more leeway they get.

Trying to go though the proper channels and doing things the "right way" got me no where.

but now i'm kinda stuck in the chocolate city for the time being

i'm sure they would've loved to have him in the french quarter around dauphine and bourbon... there's rainbow flags flyin high all over around there

Comments like these make me want to have no part of any conversation with you. You're showing your true colors.

Comments like this make me want to have no part of any conversation with you.

I completely missed that, all I caught on was the gay bashing. If I would of noticed that I would of skipped this thread all together. :mad:

Eyewittness news wants to know if a sex offender is living by a school or day care.
It really sucks but if you live in a big city chances are you live by someone conviceted of something like this. We once had a guy apply for a job who was convicted of child molestation, he trolled the internet & picked up a 12 year old girl (he was 37) he thought that was OK, 12 is old enough isn't it? Hey dude, not when you are 37.

new orleans was dubbed the "chocolate city" by our beloved african american mayor. he can be blamed for that. most homosexuals that i know can usually take my comments with a grain of salt and get over it. i sincerely apologize if i've offended you, and if i could go back and edit my comment i wouldn't put gay people in the same category as child molesters, that was very wrong of me and i do apologize. sometimes my words run away from my brain. i'm from a small town in the south and i do agree that my ignorance conquers my intelligence sometimes.

No need to defend yourself. More often than not someone will make a comment and not really mean what they say, but because of the way it's worded someone "takes offense" or immediately jumps on your axx without reading what you say and trying to understand what you really meant. These same people then proceed to do the exact same thing when they post.

You can't make everyone on this forum happy and some people are here just for the fight more than for brewing.

I wasn't the mod that closed this (irrelevant at this point). I'm appending your comments to the OT. Let's be done with it then, OK? (rhetorical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back