Evabarrier 4mm ID line length and carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwipen

Reaction score
I'm considering changing to eva lines due to oxidation in my current lines.

If you use the 4mm ID eva lines, how long are your lines, how much pressure do you carbonate or serve with and at what temp? What kind of faucets do you use?

I run five Perlick 525ss faucets plus one Micromatic stout faucet.
For most ales I carbonate to 2.5 volumes using "chart pressure". For wheats and saisons and the like I carbonate to 3 volumes. At the temperature I hold my keezer to that's 11 psi and 15 psi, respectively.
For 2.5 volume beers I run just over 6 feet of 4mm EVABarrier tubing. For 3 volume beers I run 9 feet.
I use 5mm ID EVABarrier tubing for all my gas lines.
All lines use push-to-connects at the keg QDs and the faucet shanks or the gas manifolds...

Cheers!

I use 4mm ID EVAbarrier tubing for both liquid and gas. 5.5 feet on the liquid runs and as short as possible on the gas.
I run my kegerator at 38F and most of my kegs are at 11psi, most of the time.
I have a mixture of Perlick and Intertap and I don't see any reason why I wouldn't recommend Intertap for a new buyer. The price and quality is right.

Around 5 feet (could be 5.5), 38-39F, 12-ish psi. I use Pluto beer guns.

Mine are around 9ft. But I just bought a bulk roll and divided by my number of taps and that's how it came out. Pours are a bit slow but better than foamy and then waiting for it to settle to drink.

I have a 15ft set aside for hefes.

When I first converted to EVAbarrier tubing I still had an 8-way barbed gas manifold in my then keezer (K2, rip).
Using 5mm ID for gas was that much easier to run up on the barbs.
When I built K3 I replaced that manifold with a 10-way with mfl valves and used JG adapters to the same tubing (no need to replace it)...

Cheers!

Back