Estimated numbers using a recipe kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ1409

Reaction score
Edit: Never mind. Garbage in, garbage out. :)

I'm a brand new Beersmith user and a very rookie brewer. I thought I would learn beersmith by inputing a known recipe kit. So I used Midwest's Hop Scare IPA recipe and put it into beersmith. However, the numbers for estimated OG, IBU's, ABV, are all extremely low. If I go to adjusting the OG, my grains and hops are almost 3 times what the recipe calls for.

I've set up my equipment profile, at least as I understand it. Obviously this is an extract recipe.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

just brew a recipe, a ready one. then put all the numbers in the beersmith. malt, hops, water, final liters of wort obtained. you will need to adjust efficiency to get the numbers right.
what efficiency did you get? this is the key number, the efficiency of YOUR beer setup: once you have it, you set your efficiency first and then put the inredients for a new recipe

Back