Erin go Braghless St Paddy's day in Butte

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
If there's one town in the US that could be called New Ireland, it would be Butte Montana. The denizens of Butte all but kneel facing Belfast 5 times a day. It is Irish to the core like no other place in America. St Paddies day in Butte is an epic orgy of drunkenness and Paddies and thrill seekers from all over the state will be converging there tonight. Butte, by the way is the capital of Montana, not Helena where the governor lives and the legislature meets..... anybody who lives in Montana knows that! Imagine a two bit mining town who's main street is named Last Chance Gulch presuming to be the capital of Montana. The real political power has always centered in Butte.

St Patrick would seem to be the patron saint of drunken debauchery and alcoholism... that is if the celebration of his day is any indication. If there is one pilgrimage a Montanan must make at least once in his life, it is Butte on St Patrick's day. Come one, come all, you will see sights in Butte on this day that you will remember for a lifetime!!

H.W.

Chicago and Boston have large Irish populations.......... Butte IS Irish. There is a difference.

H.W.

Which makes it a lot more Irish than Butte Montana. ;) any town in any state can get ridiculously drunk. No?

no matter where you in the U.S., a majority of the population will claim to be Irish on Plastic Paddy Day. about 1/3 of that number will also claim to be German as well (so you know they can REALLY drink!). not a single one of them will have an Irish and/or German accent. Happy Frat Boy Drinks Too Much In March Day!

I almost took my kid to a pizza joint yesterday so we could play some video games and have a snack. Got close and saw the group of college guys wearing obnoxious green outfits smoking outside the door. Reminded me it was St. Patricks, and no place in this college town was going to be safe from that form of *****ery.

Butte Mt. Is a nice town to visit during the summer. Had no idea they are so big on St Patty For such a small town.

Butte Mt. Is a nice town to visit during the summer. Had no idea they are so big on St Patty For such a small town.

Small town??? to me Butte is a city.............. but this is Montana.

H.W.

Back