Equipment / Kit suggestions for a beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuskyMastery

Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently reading Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing" and I am excited about getting started brewing my own beer. This is my first post on the boards so I have a lot of reading to do!

*Do you guys have suggestions for me on a specific company that makes a very good home brew starter kit? - or a kit that maybe you had a good start with. I am sure not all brew kits are created equal.

Thanks!

Chas Martin
http://www.muskymastery.com

I started with (and am still using cause I'm a noob) a Brewers Best basic kit, its ok, has what you need, but I have been spending about $20 a week on new parts and things i could use for homebrew. At this point, if you think its something your going to love, at least get a kit with some sort of carboy cause if nothing else, you get to watch your beer ferment...

Take a look around and see where your LHBS is. They most likely have a kit that would suit your needs as a beginning brewer and if not, they can probably help put one together for you. I know its a bit of a trip but my friend raves about the Homebrew Shop in St Charles.

Back