Equipement for building a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North_of_60

Reaction score
Hello, new to the site. After a long move in which I sold all of my brewing and kegging equipement, I’m now ready to rebuild. I found some conversion kits at a good price plus free shipping but I am not familiar with the seller. They are “Keg Equipement” https://kegequipment.net/collections/kegerator-conversion-kits. Have any of you done business with them? If so, what was your experience?

Thank you

Al W

Interesting.
There's virtually nothing on the interwebs regarding kegequipment.net.
And their Facebook page looks to be about two weeks in existence.
Not saying there's anything askew here but there's pretty much zilch to go on...

Cheers!

Interesting.
There's virtually nothing on the interwebs regarding kegequipment.net.
And their Facebook page looks to be about two weeks in existence.
Not saying there's anything askew here but there's pretty much zilch to go on...

Cheers!

The reviews looked a little generic, and free shipping to NZ too good to believe. A little snooping finds the reviewers here too:
https://webcache.googleusercontent....co/collections/bag+&cd=13&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz

Reviews scrapped from here:
https://resellerratings.com/store/Shop_Bedding

Welcome to HBT new member asking about a sketchy website. Tell us a little about you brewing setup and we can help more.

In the meantime, here's a goat eating a taco. :goat::taco:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I searched the web and couldn’t find anything on them either. I sent them an email and asked about kegs because in the ABOUT US section they talk about the kegs they have for sale but there aren’t any listed in the SHOP section. As of now they have not responded to my email. There are some flags that make me uncomfortable.

My set up is very basic, I do BIAB in a 10.5 gallon kettle on a propane burner and ferment in a bucket. I’ve been bottling again but it’s hard to go back after kegging.

I just bought a used upright refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom to convert to a kegerator. I’m shopping for everything needed to put two kegs on tap. I’ll get a 4 way manifold so it can be expand later if needed.

I just purchased a two tap, conversion kit on their website on Sunday. After reading your comments, I'm a little concerned as well. I checked the domain registration on WhoIS and it comes up being registered in a guys name from Georgetown, TX in early February, so it must be a new site. I sent them an email last night to inquire about my order and delivery and will post back here with the end results.

I hope they’re legit, I still have not had a reply to my email about kegs.

Will be watching for your post.

Their prices are low and when you add in free shipping I got suspicious. That was why I asked if anyone here had done business with them.

Are the prices in line with other vendors?
Yep, right in line. They had an offer to sign up for their email list and save 10% on the first order and that's what enticed me to go with them. It was a $25 savings based on my order.

BTW, as of right now I still have not heard back from them. Regardless of what happens, I've already decided that I won't use them again in the future. The fact that you can only correspond with them by email, doesn't leave the consumer in a good position. When I ordered on Sunday, it said I would receive the order by this Friday. As of now, my order status still says "unfulfilled". The strikes against them keep adding up.

Finally received what seems to be an automated email stating that my item has shipped, along with a USPS tracking number. Not sure if it was due to my flurry of emails to them or just how they do business. My guess is the latter. Based on the current shipping location, I'm expecting my order either tomorrow or Friday. I'll check back in with the results.

So I received a PARTIAL shipment today. I received the Co2 tank that I ordered, which was just one of the two items I ordered. According to their order status page, it is stating that all the items were delivered ( which includes a two-tap tower conversion kit). I still have yet to receive any correspondence back from them in regards to the emails I have sent over the last 3 days. Bottom line is this company has zero communication skills, if they in fact are an honest, legit business. My opinion and recommendation is to stay clear of this company. It's not worth the stress and anxiety dealing with the unknown. Pay a little more and buy on Amazon or any of the other well known websites. Hopefully I get my tap tower! I'm building a bar and have been waiting to receive it so I can finish it up. It's literally the star on top of the Christmas tree; the bow on the package, if you will... This ordeal is killing me. I've definitely learned my lesson going forward...

Oh Geeze... If you don't get your stuff, it's not our problem.

Lost Shipments
In the event that a shipment is lost by a shipping company (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.), a claim will be filed by the original shipper with that shipping company. Keg Equipment reserves the right to issue any and all refunds, exchanges or replacements until the shipping company has reimbursed Keg Equipment for the insured value of the lost shipment. Any deviation from this rule will be solely conducted by Keg Equipment at its own discretion. Any shipment that is shipped form Keg Equipment location will carry an insured value. Any lost or missing shipments will be pursued with the corresponding shipping company for that shipment. Due to the fact that some products sold by Keg Equipment are not actually stocked by Keg Equipment, any insurance claims for lost or missing shipments will be conducted solely by the discretion of the supplier that had originally shipped out the merchandise. Keg Equipment does not have any authority to carry out and such insurances claims if Keg Equipment was not the original shipping company. For non-signature required shipments: If the tracking information that corresponds to a shipment confirms that the product was delivered to the intended address the customer assumes all responsibilities and liabilities for the receipt of that shipment. The customer is the one who provides Keg Equipment with the ship to information and in doing so absolves Keg Equipment of any liabilities for missing or stolen deliveries.

https://kegequipment.net/pages/shipping-policy

I’m sorry to hear that.

9 days ago I ordered a CO2 tank and two Intertap faucets and some small items from Final Gravity. Homebrew Finds advertised their sale on the CO2 tank so I took that as an endorsement for the company. I received an email that my order had been placed. My credit card was charged the day after my order was placed. I have not yet received a shipping confirmation. When I check my order status on their web site it says Awaiting Shipment. Nothing on the order confirmation or on their web site indicate that any of the items are back ordered. At least they have a phone number so I’ll call them tomorrow.

Maybe I’m spoiled, with Adventures in Homebrewing, Keg Connection or Amazon my order ships within a day and arrives within 3 or 4 days. I agree, in the future I’ll stick with companies I know.

Yep... I'm guessing, and hoping, that this company is short lived. I left a nice "review" on their FB page. The first one, by the way... I also left a review on consumeraffairs.com, just hoping to get the message out there that this company is sketchy at best, fraudulent at the worst. Having this thread on here will hopefully alert a lot of people as well.

I called Final Gravity and talked to the owner, Bill Jimerson. Real nice guy, he said my order would ship today. Their prices are competitive and they have free shipping for orders over $60.00.

I called Final Gravity and talked to the owner, Bill Jimerson. Real nice guy, he said my order would ship today. Their prices are competitive and they have free shipping for orders over $60.00.

Good to hear. I'll check them out.

I finally did receive an email back from a guy purporting to be the owner, apologizing for the delay. He stated that my tower would be shipped "soon" and that a new tracking number would be issued. The email came in last night around 3am(odd), and as of this moment, nothing new...

UPDATE:
He provided a tracking number to me last week for UPS. When viewing the tracking number on UPS's website, it shows a package originating in San Diego California and being delivered to Fort Lauderdale Florida (I live in California). As of today I still have not received the keg Tower conversion kit that I ordered. The website does not provide a phone number of any kind to contact customer service. I guess it's because they don't have any. The last email I received from Sage, the owner; he said give him "two days" to fix the error with the UPS tracking number. This was 3 days ago and after two additional emails, he still hasn't followed up. I went ahead and filed a claim with PayPal, who processes their transactions, for a refund. Hopefully I get it!

Bottom line, avoid this company at all costs. I hope that anybody who is looking for beer equipment on this blog, reads this thread for their sake. Everything about that website, from their reviews, quotes on customer service, amount of product sold, etc., is fake. Buyers, beware!

Bummer, I hope it shows up on your doorstep soon.

I received shipping confirmation and a FedX tracking number from “Final Gravity Homebrew Supplies” today. They answer their phone and they answer their emails but same day shipping turned into 12 day shipping. I’ll post when it arrives.

Eeek! Please do. Would be good to have another source in my back pocket for future purchases.

I'm gonna go ahead and order another tower kit on Amazon. It may cost a bit more, but at least I'll have the peace of mind knowing I'll get the product in a couple of days. If it DOES show up, at this point I'm gonna refuse the delivery. I'm not giving this schlock company my business out of principal.

I

Everything I ordered came today. I’m out of town so my wife opened the package and sene me a photo. The co2 tank looks right and so do the intertap faucets. They substituted a better faucet wrench than the one I ordered and a different kind of keg lube. Im ok with that.

Everything I ordered came today. I’m out of town so my wife opened the package and sene me a photo. The co2 tank looks right and so do the intertap faucets. They substituted a better faucet wrench than the one I ordered and a different kind of keg lube. Im ok with that.
Thats good to hear. I'll definitely check them out. Right now, I have a dispute pending with PayPal to refund me for the tap tower that wasn't delivered. I have to wait until the 20th for kegequipment to respond with their own dispute of the matter, if they do. It's been a couple of days and they haven't responded to PayPal yet, so I'm not expecting them to. Heck, they don't even respond back to their own customers!

Meanwhile, I ordered the tower kit on Amazon and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. So nice to have the piece of mind with being kept in the loop. Never again will I make this mistake. Again, hope no one else does either!

STAY CLEAR OF KEGEQUIPMENT.NET!!!

Take care and happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back