Epiphany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeegod

Reaction score
So I was sitting in my favorite movie theater Sunday and ordered a Dominion English Ale. As I was sipping, I got hit by a bolt of proverbial lighting, Damn, my beer is much better than this. Cool....just had to share

Its called the Cinema Cafe, their beer selection is not great but the do have Sam Adams and the occasional Microbrew, as well as a fairly good menu. They also keep their ticket prices 3-4 dollars cheaper than any other theater in town because they want you to order food.

your movie theater sells beer?? where is this place?
houston has a whole bunch of theaters that sell beer, some with full menus too, with tables in front of your seat.

Check out the selection of this one, with about 8 locations across TX
http://www.drafthouse.com/mason/menu.pdf

There is about 4 of these within a 20 min. drive from my house, and I'm outskirts of houston.

nothing like this in CA?

I want one of those near me! I'd go if the ticket prices were cheaper, even if the beer prices were pretty high.

or I could stay home and watch movies on my LCD TV and drink my own beer and eat my own snacks. I could also fart loudly without people being offended, and then there is the pause button...

We used to have a place like that where I used to live called the "Pitcher Show"... I miss that place.

I realized over the weekend that the beer I was drinking at that moment, my latest, was the Greatest Beer in the World. :rockin:

Down in SE lower MI Emagine Theaters have started popping up. They serve beer and liquor.

Yup they have beer and watery drinks. At $8 for cup full of buttwiper it is a smoking deal :rolleyes: and you are limited to purchasing 2 drinks :eek: This is why your other half should have a large purse for movie going :rockin:

houston has a whole bunch of theaters that sell beer, some with full menus too, with tables in front of your seat.

Check out the selection of this one, with about 8 locations across TX
http://www.drafthouse.com/mason/menu.pdf

There is about 4 of these within a 20 min. drive from my house, and I'm outskirts of houston.

nothing like this in CA?

i must admit I've never even thought to look. it was just a for gone conclusion on my part that you couldn't get alcohol at a movie theater. i guess i'll have to do some looking around.

Back