Enough time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuron555

Reaction score
My son got engaged and they're having a party June 15 (5 1/2 weeks away). I was thinking of doing a batch of Ed Wort's Pale Ale to take. I bottle condition, so do you think that is enough time to get carbonated if I brew tonight?

Should be. Brew tonight, bottle in ~ 10 days (after checking the gravity reading, of course); that'll give you four weeks in the bottle, which should be plenty (it should only take 2-3 weeks to carb up, but a little bit of extra time will be fine and will let it finish conditioning). That's a good choice for a short turnaround brew.

Definitely. Grain-to-glass in 10 days for those that keg is not unreasonable, which as the_bird says, leaves PLENTY of time for bottle conditioning. And I agree, not only is it possible, but it would probably also be my first choice for a quick turnaround beer.

Actually this has served to remind me - why haven't I brewed any haus pale lately?? Here I am contemplating brewing some slightly more experimental batches that may or may not come out great, and meanwhile I am running short on good, quality, quaffable beer - I sense haus pale in my future.

Back