Enhancing a Brew Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooldude

Reaction score
hello all, all this talk of cherry chocolate stouts has peaked my interest. Now that all my stuff has came in i wanted to make sure my plan for Saturday doesn't have any missteps. First I start with my NB chocolate milk stout kit.
Done by instructions until 5 minutes before done adding 8 ounces of Hershey's cocoa. (8 ounces came from another post saying if using 1 pound of lactose add half that size of cocoa). 3 days into ferminting add my can of Vintners Harvest Cherry Puree. two weeks after add 8 ounces of the nibs. now leave for 3 more weeks. at bottling time I plan to add3 ounces of vanilla extract. I also have 4 ounces of brewers best chocolate extract and cherry extract I can add to the bottling bucket if after a taste i feel some flavor needs a little enhancing.
Am i on the correct path of made a major mistake somewhere.

Thanks to all

hello all, all this talk of cherry chocolate stouts has peaked my interest.

Now that all my stuff has came in i wanted to make sure my plan for Saturday doesn't have any missteps.

First I start with my NB chocolate milk stout kit.

Done by instructions until 5 minutes before done adding 8 ounces of Hershey's cocoa.
(8 ounces came from another post saying if using 1 pound of lactose add half that size of cocoa).

3 days into ferminting add my can of Vintners Harvest Cherry Puree.

two weeks after add 8 ounces of the nibs.

now leave for 3 more weeks.

at bottling time I plan to add 3 ounces of vanilla extract.

I also have 4 ounces of brewers best chocolate extract and cherry extract I can add to the bottling bucket if after a taste i feel some flavor needs a little enhancing.

Am i on the correct path of made a major mistake somewhere.

Thanks to all

It often takes weeks of conditioning for all the flavors of a brew to develop and meld. Tasting at bottling time, and making additions, may not give you the results you anticipate.

Back