Emergency I got some powder cleaner in my 2nd fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgremark

Reaction score
Well I went and cleaned the secondary and went and siphoned to the secondary bucket but after I did this I noticed I still had some of the crystals on the wall of the bucket! Is the High Gravity 2 power cleanser no rinse. Is my batch trash? **** **** ****!

TIA

Well I put about two table spoons in 2 gallons of water I swirled it around and I dumped the water out. After I transfered I saw some on crystals on the side wall, about an inch wide and up the side. You could tell it was there.
It was a trail out of the bucket.

Taste it... if you can taste the cleaner now, you will the rest of the time.

Should be fine. Twice now, I forgot to dump the sanitizer from my primary. The sanitizer was B-Brite.

One brew was a porter and the the other a blue moon clone.

I had made both recipes previously and the batches with the sanitizer tasted exactly the same. Both had similar OG and FG and carbonated nicely.

Thanks guys, I'll let her be and bottle in a week or two. Smelled fine, I was going to taste but I already had several beers in me last night so I wouldn't have tasted anything bad anyways LOL.

Latest posts

Back