Emergency help needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadmium

Reaction score
Ok, so my blue balls (Blue moon clone) is busy mashing away at 152, I came in a bit high at 155 then it dropped to 145 in about 1 minute flat, so I added 1.5 qts boiling water and she is sitting pretty at 152 right now, about 20 mins till I sparge. I am wondering, I really need to know for the boil about the corriander and the orange peel...

.75oz Corriander
.75oz Dried orange peel, bitter

I have them both ready to go, all measured out etc. but am wondering, If I just boil them for 5 mins in the wort, will this impart enough flavour, I mean, its only 5 mins in contact with the wort, which to me seems a bit eh... because then you siphon off it, so I am wondering if you ferment with them (primary) or "dry spice" them in secondary, or just boil for 5 mins. The instructions say 30 mins, but meh, who reads instructions these days! :)

:mug:

ok well, the stuff is coming to a boil, need a reply in the next 30 mins, PLEASE HELP!!

I think I am too late, but you should put it in at the very end of the boil. Five minutes at most during the boil. They should add plenty of flavor as the wort cools. Remember if you can smell it the flavor is leaving the wort and you are more likely to smell it during the boil.

Back