Emergency Conical glycol chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today I brewed 10 gallons for the first time. Usually I've just done 5 gal Extract and AG batches. I had 2 extract kits laying around that I wanted to use up. I also have a Brewhemoth that I won last year at the AHA in Michigan. Today was the first day to out that bad boy to use.

Once I filled the brewhemoth, I knew there was no way to get this to the basement (where I usually do my fermenting). I looked around my garage and had all the parts necessary to make a glycol chiller.

img_20150621_135141239-65795.jpg

All the parts, except the Glycol, witch I had to get at Menards ~$16. I had an extra a419 Johnson controller. The pond pump is brand new, just bought of Amazon to replace the one from my Mark's Keg Washer that just bit the dust. Only used to back flush my keezer beer lines.

img_20150621_220655574-65788.jpg

Nicely done! I didn't know they had a mini version. Pretty cool. I like my brewhemoth. The coil works great for me. I built a glycol chiller out of an account unit and keep my glycol at 25°. Works great.

Cheers to getting the project done!

Added some propylene glycol. Measured the level, will recheck in a few days, make sure none is getting in the beer. It should be ok as there is no fittings on the inside.

img_20150621_225021626-65792.jpg

Back