Electric NG Brew Sculpture build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emyers

Reaction score
Hey all, so I moved cross country and my wall mounted keggle setup never got reassembled. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=401554
Im now dreaming up a sculpture system to keep brewing on a larger scale. I've been doing dual 5 gal BIAB brewdays but would really like to get back into 12 gal batches with a 5 gal BIAB on the side or run dual Boil kettles with a 1 hour offset. One downfall i noticed with electric brewing was cleaning the elements on the boil kettle and the posibility of high gravity or wheat beers burning to the element and ruining the brew, I had this happen to me with a 9% ABV IPA style Heffe $70 in grains and hops.

So here's the plan, keg HLT and MT, since i already have em. Make the MT tippy cuz there is nothing fun about emptying a keg full of wet hot grains. 5500w HERMS HLT PID controlled. Two SS 1/2 pumps with a 2 way valve on the wort recirculation/transfer pump. Counter flow chiller with pump feed. Natural gas 15 gal Bayou Classic Boil kettle, maybe two.

Brew rig.png

Here is the current configuration, threw it together Sunday. Hopefully i can source some scrap square tubing and start welding.

20160802_211119.jpg

Back