Electric Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoots

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will move to an all electric brew in the next few months. I only do 5 gallon batches now, but would like the ability to do 10. I have read manyof the kettle threads, but I generally do not ee much concerning electric brew kettles.

Am I right to assume that I do not need that great of a brew kettle or all electric? Is there any reason to splurge for a boilermaker just to pop another hole in it? Do I need any more than this in a 15 gallon?

Bayou Classic 10 - xx - Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid

I have the capability to drill and weld a kettle (dad owns a machine shop in Wisconsin) so that is not an issue.

EDIT
I hope to make a pol inspired all grain HERMS with this piece.

I just got done brewing in that same pot. Mine is the 62 qt version. This was my first brew with it converted to electric. It had to be one of my best brew sessions ever.

You just want to make sure the diameter is enough to hold the element. My elements are about 14" in the pot.

Back