• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alabama Eherms 5-10 gallon batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itsott

Reaction score
I have an electric herms system with control panel. It has a stainless 15 gallon hlt with copper herms coil and 5500 watt element, stainless 10 gallon mash tun with stainless false bottom, stainless 15 gallon boil kettle with 5500 watt element, two pumps with stainless heads. The control panel controls the heat in the hlt and boil kettle, pumps and also has timer built in. One pump led on panel needs replacing. It was built using ebrew supply diagram. Interested in trades for grainfather and kayaks. Other trades considered. 3000 obo no shippingView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503550257.935618.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1503550283.461799.jpg

Do you think it's the orange control panel that making this move slow? I'm a Tiger fan, but there are more Bama folks in the state, so if you painted it crimson (or go crazy and do it in hounds tooth) it might move faster.

Good luck with the sale!

I will have to pass. Can’t go that low and don’t want to deal with shipping.

Undortunately thats all I can offer. You mind if I ask how long it took you to build the system? Been dreaming about one for a while now

The panel took a few weeks to plan out, cut and wire. But I wasn’t doing it full time just doing a little at the time between shifts. The pots weren’t too bad at all. Just used a punch to make the holes and used weldless fittings. The counterflow chiller was a pia to build. I would buy one if I did it all over again. All in all I would say I put the whole thing together and got it ready to brew in about two months.

Thanks for the insight! I’ve been planning out a panel for about a month now. Still unsure if I should go with 2 or 3 elements. I just made an account today, so if I do decide to build I’m definitely going to be digging deeper into these forums

There’s a ton of knowledge out there. You can piece one together pretty easy. I thought about three elements but decided for just two and the herms coil. It works really well holding the mash and doing step mashes

I’m not completely opposed to it. Just depends on what you want and what you’re offering.

Will be parting out soon. Please Do not message me or comment if you aren’t interested.

Back