Effmie in the goatay

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanH

Reaction score
I was so excited to buy a stainless rims tube from.... Kegkits.com

G Dang it.

I should have read the threads about them here first. It's been two weeks and my stuff hasn't even left the facility. According to other posts, I may never see the items. Good thing I used paypal I guess.

Thank you sir. Man it's such an awesome RIMS tube too.

Kegkits.com is not any place that I would recommend anybody to place orders. They have had my money for two weeks and have made no effort to ship the items, nor respond to any email inquiries about the status of my order (except for the initial statement that orders ship out within three days).. There are tons of other people online that have had the same problem. Be smarter than me and look it up before you make a purchase.

It still amazes me he is still in business. This reputation of his goes back for at least 5 years that I know of. How can he still have a business license with all the complaints that have been made to the BBB? I don't get it.

Agreed. I really should have read up on it first. My thought was that I need the product and they accept paypal so I'm good.

If/when I get my money back, I will be buying the RIMS tube from NorCal Brewing Supplies, who are awesome. I bought a stainless sparge arm from them (for a keggle) that I love.

Hammy71 said:
Well, don't bang on your self too much. Many on here (including me....) have had bad experiences with him.

You ever get your stuff? How long did it take?

I received a refund to my Paypal account, which is awesome because now I can buy a RIMS tube from Norcal Brewing Solutions. I have bought from them before and they are awesome. Kegkits .com never did respond to anything, but silently issued a refund. I do not recommend them.

I received a refund to my Paypal account, which is awesome because now I can buy a RIMS tube from Norcal Brewing Solutions. I have bought from them before and they are awesome. Kegkits .com never did respond to anything, but silently issued a refund. I do not recommend them.

I just bought this same tube from norcal as well. Got the free shipping and it was in the mail in 24 hours after I placed my order. It's a thing of beauty. I can't wait for my hubby to wire it up for me.

MrsMichelle said:
I just bought this same tube from norcal as well. Got the free shipping and it was in the mail in 24 hours after I placed my order. It's a thing of beauty. I can't wait for my hubby to wire it up for me.

AWESOME!! I was unaware of free shipping; thanks!! What element are you using?

AWESOME!! I was unaware of free shipping; thanks!! What element are you using?

There was a thread somewhere where they were offering free shipping a while back on a few of the rims tubes. I just sent jaybird a pm and asked if there were any left. Not sure if there was any or not but they honored it anyway.

I am not quite sure what element I am going to use yet. I think a 2500 watt running 120 but that's my mans part in all this, he gets to wire it all up for me. What would you guys suggest for an element size. I have to run it on 120 and I really just want to plug it in or turn on a switch keeping this as simple as I can. What did you plan on using DanH?

M

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I get the free shipping.

As for the element, I just ordered a 4500 Watt 240VAC that I'll run on 120VAC. I guess it should work. I got one that isn't bent back over itself so it should fit well in the tube.

Thanks a lot! Hopefully I get the free shipping.

As for the element, I just ordered a 4500 Watt 240VAC that I'll run on 120VAC. I guess it should work. I got one that isn't bent back over itself so it should fit well in the tube.

Well DanH were you able to get fixed up with a rims system more so were you able to get free shipping? I am hoping to get my system up and running this weekend.
M

Yes! I was number five for free shipping so I barely snuck in. Thanks again.

It should arrive tomorrow but I won't get it running for probably at least a month. I'm waiting on a welder to finish the brew stand and then I have a computer/electric/robotics guy that's going to automate my brewery for me. The welder is working very slowly, but that's ok cuz I'm paying him in beer and I work to much to brew lately anyway.

I'm excited to hear how yours turns out though. Definitely do a write-up and/or pics of the control panel and system. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd find it interesting.

Holy freakin crap she's beautiful!

image-1542060091.jpg

Holy freakin crap she's beautiful!

WOW! Looks just like mine! LOL except the cam lock fittings. I like that idea. Where did you source those?
Just a few questions if you are running 4500 watt 240 volt on 120 volt will that work on a regular plug outlet? My honey is going to wire this for me but I want to get the most out of it as I can. I am also wondering about the controller. I was going to use a STC1000 but I don't really know what its going to control and how any links I should follow?. My husband is good with electricity but I want to give him as much helpful information as I can. Any advise?

M

The camlocks came with it for a fee. He sent two, but I only put one on; I wanted a barb on the output side.

I wired it up with a computer power chord that plugs into any regular outlet (and grounded of course). I will use a GFCI outlet.

As for the controller, most people use a PID. I hear the STC 1000 isn't good for a RIMS tube but I don't know. I have a friend that does computer programing and electric who is going to make a control panel for me. I'm not sure yet what his plan is, but it will likely include a PID.

The camlocks came with it for a fee. He sent two, but I only put one on; I wanted a barb on the output side.

I wired it up with a computer power chord that plugs into any regular outlet (and grounded of course). I will use a GFCI outlet.

As for the controller, most people use a PID. I hear the STC 1000 isn't good for a RIMS tube but I don't know. I have a friend that does computer programing and electric who is going to make a control panel for me. I'm not sure yet what his plan is, but it will likely include a PID.

Thank you dan. I will look into another controller. I didn't see cam locks on Nor Cal site when I ordered mine. I see them now. I am getting a false bottom from him this next week so I can add the Cam Locks. I like the idea of the QD. Those are cheep! I though cam locks were expensive. I was pleasantly surprised. I think I might have to change over my whole system to those.
M

Back