Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale Used wrong hops by mistake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgable

Reaction score
I brewed my first all grain batch yesterday but used the wrong hops . I used Challanger by mistake. Will this still taste o.k.? Sould I maybe dryhop with cascade as my ibu 's were a little low (33.0).and my o.g. was high 1.056. let me know what you think

You've made a bloody english Haus Ale, that's all. :D Call it the House of Commons Bitter.

I bet it turns out tasty! Keep us posted!

You should be fine. It won't be exactly the same as Ed's, but it should be good. If you want some citrusy flavor/aroma, you can dryhop with .5-1oz of Cascade, Centennial, or Amarillo...

I did the same (except intentionally ;) ) with ahtanum hops, and it tastes great so far. Relax - you'll end up with a very different beer than Ed's recipe would have made, but it should come out just fine, especially if you like english pale ales. Doing a single-hop pale ale is a great way to experiment with different hop varieties.

My LHBS hasn't had any cascade hops in over a month. I think I have only 1 bottle of Ed's Haus Pale left.:eek: :eek: It was my first all grain, and it was great. Really great. :mug:

Just racked into my secondary. Tasted sample and all I can say is wow tastes sooooo good, I can hardly wait to get the finished brew.

EdWort said:
You've made a bloody english Haus Ale, that's all. :D Call it the House of Commons Bitter.

I bet it turns out tasty! Keep us posted!

Don't you mean "Haus of Commons"? :)

mike

Back