ECY Bug Farm & Bug County Available on Love2Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe at Princeton Homebrew just got a shipment in yesterday. Sometimes they all get sold on the google group blast, however if you are within striking distance of Trenton, call him and see if he has some left. If I recall, mostly Bugfarm, Scottish Heavy, British Mild, Sour Saison, and Conan. Good luck!

Looking for some sour blend yeast to brew with and all I can find is the 1 BBL pitch ($120). I do 10 gallon brews. Was wondering if Its possible to pitch a third of the volume and save the rest. Wonder how long it'll keep in a fridge. Seems pricey. Anyone have any extra on hand for sale or trade? Want to try something different than roeselare or white labs blend. Any suggestions? I'm half tempted to buy the 1 bbl pitch. I also could use dregs to supplement the wyeast or whitelabs blends..

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

love2brew commented on the 1 BBL pitch here. It seems pricey to me, especially for 10 gallons. I was watching love2brew's site and eventually got a 5 gallon pitch of ECY02. I'd keep looking for a trade and watch their site for more stock. The benefit of dregs is you get to drink the beer. For $120 you could have a nice little party.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and buy the 1 BBL size, brew a higher gravity beer on my 10 gallon setup and pitch half the container into 15 gallons ( water dilution of the 10 gallons of wort ) split into three 5 gallon buckets. I've got an idea on making a half blueberry, half rhubarb sour and then try some blending. With three buckets going, I could probably try and come up with a third type of fruit (? guava ? those white peaches ?) or go fruitless.

TD.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back