eBIAB kettle help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synonymous18

Reaction score
Making the leap and need recommendations for a kettle. I have been working with Colorado brewing company, however their system now mashes without the lid on. Any other recommendations for custom kettle for a system with a basket and RIMS with the lid on?

Check out brausupply.com. I've been running their stuff for over two years now. You'll be hard pressed to find a better value. The components are top notch (i.e. nice metal enclosure for the controller, not plastic. Triclamp heating elements, etc)

https://brausupply.com/products/unibrau-120v-5-gallon-brew-boss-automated-brew-system

I agree. If I had known about them i would have gone that route. That said i think they redesigned their stuff and are about to release a revamped system as all their stuff is sold out right now.

I agree. If I had known about them i would have gone that route. That said i think they redesigned their stuff and are about to release a revamped system as all their stuff is sold out right now.

I'm a little surprised to hear this. I've been looking at these systems a bit recently hoping to make a future upgrade. The high gravity system is a few hundred more but the controller, pump and recirc seem to be much better than the Brausupply system. Have you been happy overall with the HG system? Any advice you'd give someone looking to make a purchase?

Making the leap and need recommendations for a kettle. I have been working with Colorado brewing company, however their system now mashes without the lid on. Any other recommendations for custom kettle for a system with a basket and RIMS with the lid on?

May I ask why you feel like you need to mash with the lid on?

I'm a little surprised to hear this. I've been looking at these systems a bit recently hoping to make a future upgrade. The high gravity system is a few hundred more but the controller, pump and recirc seem to be much better than the Brausupply system. Have you been happy overall with the HG system? Any advice you'd give someone looking to make a purchase?

I guess i should have been more specific. I like the metal controller enclosure, mesh basket, and triclamp fittings on the Bau supply. The Pump is better on the HG.

I absolutely love my HG system but I have made it my own over the years. Upgraded element and enclosure, added sight glass, loc-line recirc return, enlarged holes in the basket, cam locks.

The new HGs come with the ezboil which is nice. I think you would be happy with either, just have to decide if you want tri clamp element enclosure and basket or a better pump and recirc with the lid on (which i much prefer. :mug:

And HGs service is great. Dave has always treated me well.

Back