ebiab Cleaning time savers???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcamp

Reaction score
I brew one single vessel with pump and a basket. I love the ease of brewing this way but seems clean up is way longer than cooler and kettle brewing I used to use.. Any one else? Just checking if there are any other methods to shorten clean up. Seems like clean up takes the same time as brewing..

So my process is:

drain to fermenter bucket.
unplug kettle to controller and clean via high pressure hose and scrub
drain the 2 or so gallons of water left to get the wort out of the CFC
Fill brew kettle with 4 or so gallons and heat to 150
Pour in oxyclean or PBW. Recirc for 15 min through hose - Pump - CFC to kettle for 15 min
Unplug kettle and spry down again to get rid of any cleaner residue via high pressure hose
Pour in 4-5 gallons of water to rinse and circulate for 15 min
drain kettle and wipe down and dry. Let hoses drain out and dry.
Clean all other brew day items with the PWB or oxyclean mix collected in extra bucket.

Anyone have a better process?

I unplug, scrub and rinse the kettle/mashtun, rinse the hoses and pump with hot water... that's it . Everything is sterilized during the boil. I do have a separate hose I sanitize for transferring cooled wort to the fermenter.

I scrub down the Brew pot with maybe a half gallon of hot water and some oxyclesn, drain through the cfc and rinse. I clean the basket in the sink

Yeah just scrub the residue, rinse with the warm/hot water, I like to dry the outside/inside to keep it looking fly:mug: The kettle is not what takes me a long time to clean, for me its all the little separate things that require cleaning and organizing to get the space back to the state it was in before brewing. I agree though cleaning takes a long ass time, dunno how to make that faster but I'm in the process of trying to cut down on that time too so ill let you know if i make progress next week.

Back