easy switch from sankey to corney(help)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

gasman

Reaction score
im looking at some info on the parts i need to switch from sankey to corny and back again...ive had a kegerator for some time now but i am still new at homebrewing and im tired of bottling ...can someone refer me to a web site that has a list of parts and directions so i can order what i need from ahbs .. and if you have opinions on getting a new corny keg or used...i want an easy, no headache installation....thanks ............luke

Rick500

Reaction score
You need this kit.

Edit: Or show that pic to the homebrew store of your choice, of course...

red82mtu

Reaction score
The key to the sankey to corny switch is the 1/4 MFL tailpieces that you attach to your existing sankey tap and the 1/4 flare swiel nuts that attach to your lines as shown here from Kegconnection.com.

AddaSankeTaptoHomebrewKit2.jpg

You might also consider a 90 Degree Beer Thread Adapter if you are close to the top of your kegerator with your existing sankey tap. The flare tailpiece and swivel nut will add a couple of inches to the top of the sankey tap.

Unless you absolutely must have a shiny, undented and unscratched keg, any used corny that is holding pressure will be fine. You are really paying for looks if you go with a brand new keg. A used pressure tested corny will give you trouble free beer for quite some time, and poppets and o-rings are simple to replace if you start to have problems down the road.

bendavanza

Reaction score
All good info^
you can find nice used corny's on craigslist or also there's usually someone selling them here in the classifieds. Go ahead and order yourself new o rings , take them all apart to clean, lube the Orings, good to go. New ones cost $$$$$$$