Easy load keezer with storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUrbanOutdoorsman

Reaction score
Hey all! New member here. Been brewing since last August and quickly decided to ditch bottling and start kegging. I searched all around to find creative keezer designs that maximize the useful space of a freezer. This is what i came up with. Keezer build https://imgur.com/gallery/khApoOD
Holds 6 ball locks, 20# tank, and either a fermenter or a 7th ball lock on the hump.
I've made some upgrades since these pics were taken (and got more tap handles). Got a 20lb tank, moved the fan, and am currently in the process of making the shelf more of a basket that can be removed using headboard/bed rail hardware. Might add a drip tray too. Keeps temps pretty stable. Doesnt run long when It does turn on.

Now that's an interesting idea of how to do the collar. Great job dude!!

I have been thinking of doing something very similar to this and have almost everything I need. How did you secure the back part to the freezer?

A: love it, considering this idea myself.

2: When you cut the angle for the split-top, did the thickness of your cut get figured into your calculations on the length of that board?

A: love it, considering this idea myself.

2: When you cut the angle for the split-top, did the thickness of your cut get figured into your calculations on the length of that board?

I totally get why you are asking that. I built a very similar style enclosure for a desktop CNC. All I did was build a plywood box and then cut the diagonal to make the lid. It worked just fine w/o any additional futzing around. For this application, I think a gap would be better then you could fill with a bit of foam to seal it when closed. HTH.

I totally get why you are asking that. I built a very similar style enclosure for a desktop CNC. All I did was build a plywood box and then cut the diagonal to make the lid. It worked just fine w/o any additional futzing around. For this application, I think a gap would be better then you could fill with a bit of foam to seal it when closed. HTH.
Yes, that does help, and now that I've figured out how to use sketchup, I've come up with a few ideas that, if the creek don't rise, will visible shortly (don't know what the restrictions on attaching jpgs are).

Back