Easy Lavender Blonde Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whatsgoodmiley

Reaction score
I'm looking to make an easy, cheap, and extremely floral SMASH blonde for my wife, since she tried and loved a lavender common ale at smiling toad brewery. This is my first recipe so I'm aiming for simple but not boring. Please let me know if anything looks dumb or if you have any suggestions for substitutions, additions, or deletions. Also feel free to let me know which parts look good.
My wife isn't a drinker so I'm making it light on everything except the floral flavor: ABV, IBU, maltiness, yeastiness, etc.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471994456.901666.jpg

Hops: East Kent Golding because they are light, supposedly floral (never used before), and I've read they have lavender, honey, and lemongrass aromatics.
Lavender: I've read on other threads that a little goes a long way and that too much can ruin a batch
Yeast: Danstar BRY-97 because it's fast, flocculant, and temperature resistant (East Texas heat).

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm also dry hopping with lavender for 5 days for added aroma. Also, I'll only use about a tablespoon for each addition of lavender.

Back