Easy bottling using my kegging system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used my kegging system to bottle my mead today and It worked quite well. I just added a small piece of tubing to the picnic tap and then installed a bottling wand to that. The picnic tap makes it very easy to control the flow of mead when the bottle is almost full reducing the waste from overflowing. I set the CO2 to 3 pounds and it flowed perfectly!

mead-bottling-65865.jpg

I used my kegging system to bottle my mead today and It worked quite well. I just added a small piece of tubing to the picnic tap and then installed a bottling wand to that. The picnic tap makes it very easy to control the flow of mead when the bottle is almost full reducing the waste from overflowing. I set the CO2 to 3 pounds and it flowed perfectly!

mead-bottling-65865.jpg

When I bottle, This is what I do as well. works awesomely. better than a bottling bucket any day.

Ah, the BierMuncher Bottling Gun (BMBG) strikes again!

The 'ole 2007 special:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=24678

Great method, and yes the '07 secret!

When I keg, I usually go straight into the keezer afterwards... curious if I should keg, then leave at room temp under forced carb for the few days, then bottle from keg. Any remaining in keg, I could then throw into the keezer and hook up to taps.

Back