easy 1 gallon recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0808

Reaction score
I am going to head to my lhbs this weekendto pick up some beer supplies. I Want to make a couple 1 gallon batches anyone have easy recipes. Looking to make something for the wife. Thanks

skeeter pee!! quick and easy, wife-friendly

760 ml lemon juice
835 g sugar
1/4 tsp tannin
1.5 tsp yeast nutrient (3/4 now, 3/4 later)
1/2 tsp yeast energizer (1/4 now, 1/4 later)
4.5 L water
Yeast Slurry
K-Metabisulfite
K-Sorbate
Clearing agent (sparkolloid or super-kleer)
260 g sugar to backsweeten

Add 835 g sugar to 500 ml water and 20 ml lemon juice in a pot, heat to just below boiling, stir to dissolve, and keep at this temperature for 30 minutes. allow to cool slightly and add to primary with 500 ml lemon juice, 1/4 tsp tannin, 3/4 tsp yeast nutrient 1/4 tsp yeast energizer, and water to bring it to 5L. Take a gravity reading which should be 1.070. Whip vigorously to aerate, cover with a towel and leave it 24-48 hours.
Whip again to aerate and add the slurry from a previous batch of wine (or pitch new champagne yeast). Keep it warm (22-26) and fermentation should be active within a couple of days. Whip to aerate if it is proceeding slowly.
When gravity is around 1.050, add the remainder of the yeast nutrient, energizer, and lemon juice, mix vigorously. In a few days, rack to a clean carboy.
Ferment dry (0.995-0.998), rack to a clean carboy, and degas. Add K-meta (1/10 of a teaspoon, or 0.6 grams; see below) and 1/2 tsp K-Sorbate, and follow the directions for your clearing agent. After two weeks, rack to a clean carboy, add sugar to taste (original recipe says 260 g), stir to dissolve, wait two weeks to be sure no new fermentation begins, and bottle. or keg and force carbonate for fizzpee.

K-meta: Use serial dilution to add 1/10 tsp: for example dissolve 1 tsp in 100 mls of water and add 10 ml of water.

Back