East Coast, Rodanthe NC Trip in March. What should I Try??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceans11_gt

Reaction score
As the title states I will be taking a trip out to Cape Hatteras and staying on the beach in Rodanthe, NC. i'm hoping there are some staple brews from the area I can find and try out. Possible bring some back if I don't drink them all. I prefer Imperial Stouts, Dopplebocks, and Barleywines however they may be out of season so I'm really open to anything. Let me know what you all think??:ban:

Appreciate the suggestions! Cheers! :mug:

Nothing??? I am a fan of yeungling so there will be some of that drank but I've got to find something else too.

I haven't been to OBX in the longest time, so I really don't know what is available. For big beers, you might find choices limited. Duck-Rabbit makes a great milk stout and is an overall pretty good brewery. Mother Earth has also been around for awhile, although I am not the biggest fan of their beer. Try their Silent Night, their Imperial Stout.

For Brewpubs, the first brewpub, The Weeping Radish, in NC is also located in Grandy, just on the Pamilico Sound off of US 158. Doesn't have the best reputation, but worth a try. Also just opened is Full Moon in Manteo and the Outer Banks Brewing Station in Kill Devil Hills. Again, I have never been to them so I can't vouch.

Hopefully you'll be able to find some other NC craft beer out there. Just search the forums for Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, or Asheville and you will find many threads discussing the breweries.

Oceans11
You have three great choices. The Outer Banks brewing Station , THe Weeping Radish and the Full Moon Cafe And Brewery. The Full Moon specializes in British ales and has an imperial ale and a Wee Heavy along with porter, stout and brown ales. They are all available in growlers. Outer Banks Brewing Station has some high gravity ales too. I am the owner of The Full Moon so I am a little bias.
Slainte

Outer Banks Brewing Station has a great sour beer. I got it in bottles, but when I go down this summer I'm definitely going to seek out as much of that as I can.

charronstout

I am the owner of The Full Moon so I am a little bias.
Slainte

After posting I did a little research and planned on stopping at the Brewing Station as well as Full Moon. Since Full Moon is slightly closer and highly recommended by yourself (the owner of course), I'll see you the last week in March! I'm always interested in a good British style ale. Wee Heavy for sure!

What's a growler going for these days there?

Thanks again! Cheers :mug:

Back