E/SE Nebraska Grain buy 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfgoat

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, I have had several emails, FB messages and HBT messages confirming interest in doing another buy. Lets try to hit 40 bags of grain this time as last time we had more than enough interest but every time I went to close the buy people would back out so it wound up costing more last time than it normally would.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet and I have opened it for editing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...j-1lwCZsYkIB7rftpTwoALU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Same as last time with the spreadsheet. Just change the name of the sheet to your name and enter in the quantities of the items you want. If you are just wanting to play around with it to see totals then please delete your quantities when you are done unless you are sure of your order as this really screws with things.

Please try to discuss bag splits and the such here in the thread though. Thanks Everyone.

As always, the list is not all inclusive so if you don't see something that you want let me know and I will see if I can get it. Any questions, just ask.

I have a few questions. When and how would I pay you. I'm assuming you want the money before you order. And when will you get the order?

I have a few questions. When and how would I pay you. I'm assuming you want the money before you order. And when will you get the order?

Once we finalize all the orders you can send the money to me via PayPal or I am also equipped to take credit cards over the phone. Payment is made to me right before I place the final order.

Ok approximately when do you think you will get the order in? I'm from Grand Island so I'll have to plan a trip out that way.

That all depends on when we close the order. Usually I have the delivery within about 3-5 days after all payments have been received. But if I need to hold on to yours until you can get out here that is no problem. I usually have a couple of guys that ask me to hold their orders for a few weeks for the same reason.

Ok approximately when do you think you will get the order in? I'm from Grand Island so I'll have to plan a trip out that way.

That all depends on when we close the order. Usually I have the delivery within about 3-5 days after all payments have been received. But if I need to hold on to yours until you can get out here that is no problem. I usually have a couple of guys that ask me to hold their orders for a few weeks for the same reason.

I am in as well. Thanks for setting this up again.
I am hoping to split a bag of wheat with someone, so if anyone is interested, lets talk.

Same as last time with the spreadsheet. Just change the name of the sheet to your name and enter in the quantities of the items you want.

When I went on the googledoc it wouldn't let me change the name so that I could set up a page for myself.

As to the wheat I would like; I don't have strong feelings as I plan to use it in relatively low percentages in pales ales and such. I am up for Best Malz pale wheat, Briess White Wheat malt, or Canada wheat.

The Canada is cheapest and I'm fine with using that but if you were hoping to make hefeweizen and what to get the German stuff that would also be good. Its just a couple dollars difference so I'm not concerned with that.

When I went on the googledoc it wouldn't let me change the name so that I could set up a page for myself.

As to the wheat I would like; I don't have strong feelings as I plan to use it in relatively low percentages in pales ales and such. I am up for Best Malz pale wheat, Briess White Wheat malt, or Canada wheat.

The Canada is cheapest and I'm fine with using that but if you were hoping to make hefeweizen and what to get the German stuff that would also be good. Its just a couple dollars difference so I'm not concerned with that.

Give the link a try now. It reset editing capabilities on me but should be fixed.

Im having trouble doing this on my phone, ill get my tab fixed tonight on a desktop.

Yeah i have that but for some readon its not letting me change the numbers in the qty column. Do we have a deadline for getting orders in?

Ill be good for 3 to 4 bags........gonna have to do it tomorrow night.....

Hey Guys! Thanks for arranging this. I represent the homebrew club in Norfolk. We would like to get in on this. My goal would be to get our members' orders within the next week.

Thanks again and I'll follow up when we've added our orders to the spreadsheet! Hopefully no later than the 22nd.

Cheers!

Hey Guys! Thanks for arranging this. I represent the homebrew club in Norfolk. We would like to get in on this. My goal would be to get our members' orders within the next week.

Thanks again and I'll follow up when we've added our orders to the spreadsheet! Hopefully no later than the 22nd.

Cheers!

Sounds great.

Cheers!

Hey brother,

Any word on your clubs order. Just curious because club orders usually smash our quotas and we are up to 1000 pounds already and I wanted to give you guys room to get in on it. We can do multiple pallets as well if there is a big enough order. Keep me updated. We can do hops too but they come in 11 lb bails so we would need enough interest to justify ordering 11lbs of each hop.

We have right at 1000 lbs on the list now. I will be able to collect funds at our meeting on the 28th and then get you payment on tuesday. Let me know if that fits into your plans.

Thanks

Does anyone want to split a bag of wheat before this thing goes final?

We have right at 1000 lbs on the list now. I will be able to collect funds at our meeting on the 28th and then get you payment on tuesday. Let me know if that fits into your plans.

Thanks

that's fine just make sure you put the order in the spreadsheet before you collect funds so that you know what your shipping costs will be.

Just something for everyone to keep in mind. We can do hops too but they come in 11 lb bails so we would need enough interest to justify ordering 11lbs of each hop. If we dont get that kind of hop interest then I will just delete hops from everyones orders.

I would take a couple pounds of chinook hops if that would help. I would also like a bottle of starsan. All i have is my phone here at work so i cant check the lists or add to mine.....

Just something for everyone to keep in mind. We can do hops too but they come in 11 lb bails so we would need enough interest to justify ordering 11lbs of each hop. If we dont get that kind of hop interest then I will just delete hops from everyones orders.

Nevermind on this.

I just spoke with my rep and I can spot order any available hops buy the pound. Pellets only.:ban:

I'm pretty sure he means white wheat malt.
Exactly. I don't care which malting company it is from. I plan to use it at 10-20% in pale ales and such, so I'm not looking for major flavor contributions. Let me know if you want to split and if you have a preference.

Exactly. I don't care which malting company it is from. I plan to use it at 10-20% in pale ales and such, so I'm not looking for major flavor contributions. Let me know if you want to split and if you have a preference.

I already put this in for you guys but if you change your mind let me know.

Im good with whatever. I would take two pounds of citra hops also. Thays a good price!

Grain weight is at max capacity so I locked the spreadsheet. If anyone else wants to change their order or add subtract anything just let me know. CMG/Brewcraft is reworking how they process things right now so I will be waiting until next week sometime to officially close in case I need to update you guys on anything important before we close. Thanks guys.

Here is a list of all of the available hops and their prices. Just message me with what you want added to your order.

Comet: $12
Citra: $16
US Sterling: $12
Simcoe: $18
Bravo: $12
Tettnanger: $13
Liberty: $14
Willamette: $13
Glacier: $12
Amarillo: $20
Falconers Flight 7 C’s: $15
EKG: $18
UK Golding: $14
Brewer’s Gold: $12
Crystal: $12
Centennial: $12
Mt. Hood: $12
Cluster: $11
Cascade: $12
Palisades: $12
Styrian Golding: $12
German Herkules: $15
Czech Saaz: $14
Zythos: $12
Nugget: $12
Fuggle: $14
Summit: $12
Galena: $11
German Polaris: $26
Vanguard: $13
Columbus: $12
Falconers Flight: $15
German Spalt: $14
German Select: $14
Sorachi Ace: $20
German Manarina Bavaria: $29
Millennium: $12
German Opal: $15
French Triskel: $15
German Hull Melon: $29
French Aramis: $15
German Tradition: $12
Horizon: $14
Warrior: $14

Sorry about the delays guys. I called my rep again today because he forgot to email me and he told me he would finalize all the changes to my account ASAP and get back to me so this should happen soon.

OK. So my brewcraft rep is an idiot and made a bunch of promises he couldn't keep so we are ordering through cmg which means no hops. So I will be removing hops from the orders and giving everyone a chance to review their orders. Because of weight restrictions at CMG for the pallet we need to reduce our total weight by 150 lbs. If I could get volunteers to give up a bag or so we can get this finalized and then I will send out payment instructions. Thanks all.

Back