E-Keggle Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photopilot

Reaction score
I should be picking up my welded keggle later this week. I want to order the parts for it also. I just want to make sure I have the right parts for my setup.

Here is my list from Auberins

SYL 2352
40 A SSR
40 A Heat sync

Would this be the right pieces for a 5400 Watt element?

I have a 1/2" nipple that will do dual purpose for a sight tube. What heat sensor should I get to work with this?

I should be picking up my welded keggle later this week. I want to order the parts for it also. I just want to make sure I have the right parts for my setup.

Here is my list from Auberins

SYL 2352
40 A SSR
40 A Heat sync

Would this be the right pieces for a 5400 Watt element?

I have a 1/2" nipple that will do dual purpose for a sight tube. What heat sensor should I get to work with this?

Looks good, you can use a thermocouple OR an RTD. I think they are all 1/4-20 threaded ones at Auberins... but you can get a SS 1/2" x 1/4" reducer bushing to accomodate it.

Here is the reducer bushing!
http://www.murrayequipment.com/iteminfo.asp?Manuf=S4B&Part=1/2X1/4

Besides these parts, I have a spa panel and a computer case, to build my control panel. I am going to be on the road all next week and will have a lot of time to build the panel. What other tools and parts should I pick up today to make sure I have what i need to work on this.

Is there a link to the actual wiring or layout of this in a panel? What parts of this should be in a metal or plastic electrical box?

Back