e-bay purchase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I AG with much less equipment than that. Looks like it either is set up for some automation, or at least has some of the parts you'd need. Good find.

Wow, nice find. Looks like nice stuff. Welcome to the world of mashing. Pumps, temp controller, CFC. Your divin right in! Enjoy the swim!

If you don't mind me askin...what did you pay for all that treasure?

Mike

Where ya located...I bet someone would love to stop by and copilot that rig...do I hear 10 gall split batch in the works?

Well I think I did pretty good on the price. I really haven't looked at too much equipment for AG and have never seen a homemade set up in person. I paid $240 for everything. I live in Middletown NY and would not mind at all if someone wanted to split a batch in this rig. I want to see a couple of set ups before I change to much on this one. The 2 pumps are food grade pumps for misting in grocery stores other than that I don't know too much about them. The recirc pump on the HLT id piped and wired in I just want to check into it a little more. I welcome all advice and help.

Jerry

I don't know if you can tell from the pics but the counter flow chiller is insulated with the black stuff. Should it be? The chiller is all copper. I am going to have a lot of questions when I start trying to automate this thing.

There's no reason to insulate the outer tube on an all copper CFC that I can think of other than keeping the copper from clanging together. Yes, you got a great deal by the way.

Bobby_M said:
There's no reason to insulate the outer tube on an all copper CFC that I can think of other than keeping the copper from clanging together. Yes, you got a great deal by the way.
Thanks, I am thinking the insulation would hold in more heat. I hope to see your rig before I start putting this together with the pumps. Of course i could probably use it close to the way it is.

Back