Dunkelweizen Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeby

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can help. I was digging through the brew closet and I found what appears to be an old extract kit from Midwest for a Dunkelweizen. Although I could be way off base with this. I've re-rordered the hops and grains (grains are combined already) but now need advice for assembling these into a recipe as the paper has long since gone missing.

I have

7 lbs Dark Wheat LME

Grains
4 oz Caramel Wheat
4 oz Special B
2 oz Chocolate
8 oz C-60

Hops
1 oz cascade
1 oz Tradition (German)

I'm not sure that both of the hops went with the original recipe, but perhaps they did.

I would LOVE some advice on making this into a workable brew. I was going to head to the brew store tomorrow to pick up some yeast, I'll probably end up going with Wyeast 3068. Would prefer to use these specific ingredients but open to suggestions.

Thanks for your assistance

Those ingredients are fine, assuming you also got fresh LME???

The cascade were not part of this recipe and the tradition should be Hallertauer and the full ounce should go in at the 60 minute mark.

Yeah, I'll pick some LME and Hops up at the local brew store. Thanks. After digging around through order histories I was able to determine that the original recipe came from Austin, not Midwest, and that particular bag of hops was from Austin. So it all makes sense now.

Thanks much for your help duboman

Back