Dump the beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dumped two batches this year. One was contaminated and tasted like vinegar. I gave it six weeks in primary to make sure it wasn't just cidery from being green. It just got worse so down the drain it went. I think it was from some old batch of starsan that must have lost it's sanitizing powers. Luckily it was a only simple blonde ale but a sad day nonetheless.

The second batch I really shouldn't have brewed at all. It was an old extract stout kit I found in the pantry. It tasted rancid with an aftertaste of stale.

The my next two batches have produced drinkable beer but the previous errors disrupted my pipeline and so I've had to buy other people's beer.

Never say never. Murphy happens. The best you can do is learn from it and not make the same mistake twice. If it's a little off flavor, it might get better with time. If the beer tastes like crap, it's probably going to continue to taste like crap a month from now, a year from now... Life's too short to drink bad beer.

I dumped 10 gallons over the weekend. It was a bad hefeweizen. I overacidified the mash and then had a weak fermentation. It was terrible, and I needed the keg space.

I've dumped several batches. If I have no hope for the batch and I need the keg/closet space, the beer goes into the yard.

Latest posts

Back