Dumb Bottling question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patriot

Reaction score
Aside of bottling from a pressurized keg, is there anyway to bottle without getting the sediment on the bottom?

I would assume no, since you need some sort of sugar for the yeast to consume, and thus leave a sediment. Thought I'd ask anyway.

patriot said:
Aside of bottling from a pressurized keg, is there anyway to bottle without getting the sediment on the bottom?
Not really.

Does it bother you to have it in there or something?

No, I don't mind the sediment. Only on ocassion, I like to take some with me on vacation in the summer, etc, and haul lots of beer in the cooler. Of course when packed in with ice, the bottles fall over, etc, and the sediment goes everywhere. It can't be helped. Just banging the cooler around alot, tends to stir it up a bit as well.

If there was some way to prevent it, I thought I would ask without having to resort to a full kegging system, then bottling with it's own gasses.

One of the primary reasons I want to get into kegging is so that I can bring beer to parties this summer and not feel the need to hover near the bottles and tell people "don't drink straight from the bottle" and "don't pour the entire beer in your glass!" Figure they can handle getting beer out of a keg a bit easier.

the_bird said:
One of the primary reasons I want to get into kegging is so that I can bring beer to parties this summer and not feel the need to hover near the bottles and tell people "don't drink straight from the bottle" and "don't pour the entire beer in your glass!" Figure they can handle getting beer out of a keg a bit easier.

This is all I do when handing out my beer.

Back