DUDE, I Gotta Brew!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simphoto02

WoodyBlue
Reaction score
Okay so what is a guy to do. We have a heat wave going on here, like many places. Don't give me any of the Al Gore global warming crap...

How do I keep from blowing myself up in 100* + heat and brewing for 5 hours.

I gotta have a batch going and soon, The Misses and I VERY thirsty.

My Rig:
almost2.jpg

Nice rig. I brewed on Tuesday. It was in the 90's in my garage. I just drank a lot of water (and some other beverage). I also set up a fan so I can sit in front of it when I wasn't doing anything for a few moments.

Obviously, I survived. So go out there and brew something!

Suck it up and brew!

It was 95* last weekend and I was welding my stand, sweat rolling off me, but i still did it. I am sure you can get something together!

edit: Or brew extract early in the morning?

I brewed last weekend. Got my ass outta bed at 6:30am on a Sunday and was done brewing and cleaning by 2:30pm. As long as I'm not brewing in the sun it's not too bad.

Wow....that sure is a shiny new rig.....you betcha.

I brewed this past hot ass weekend in direct sunlight. You'll be fine.

Window unit in your garage? Looks like you can afford it! :p

funny you should mention that. No windows. Too easy to get in and steal my crap. I do have a heat pump and A coil, salvaged from a local apartment complex. I am waiting for a condenser unit to get "salvaged" and installed. Still not sure about the CO gases so I would keep the door cracked.

Brewing just must not be that important to you ;-) (j/K)...

I did a double batch on sunday. The direct sun was a bit harsh, but I lived. 7:30am - 6:30pm.

Brewing just must not be that important to you ;-) (j/K)...

I did a double batch on sunday. The direct sun was a bit harsh, but I lived. 7:30am - 6:30pm.

Brewing is VERY important to me, so is not doing a bad or screwed up batch. I am gonna go for it. All the ingredients except the 6 bags or 22lbs ice for the chill down.

I brewed last night, it was 115° in my garage, by 9pm it was down to 105° when I was cleaning up. dont be a sissy, rev that beast up and make some beer!!

Brewing is VERY important to me, so is not doing a bad or screwed up batch. I am gonna go for it. All the ingredients except the 6 bags or 22lbs ice for the chill down.

One thing I did do to help was setup a pre-chiller for my immersion chiller that cooled off the water in an ice chest first. That really helped, the wort anyway, not so much me :p

i brewed a big saison Sunday morning and partigyled a little 1.036 beer started at 7 was done by noon. netted 4.5 and 2.5 gallons...not too bad for my modest little set-up, and i lost about 4 pounds. suck it up.

Did you make that or buy it? It looks very nice.

Anyway, I've got the cure for brewing in hot weather. BEER! Just keep drinking more of it to keep your body temp down, and make sure it stays cold. If that doesn't work then...

If you built that system yourself, you could make something like this:
ac_suit_forblog.jpg

Or if you bought that system, you might have enough cash to buy one of the suits from DUNE that keep your body cool and let you drink recycled sweat from your body:
stillsuit-jacket.jpg

Latest posts

Back