duda wort chillers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbugawkagawk

Reaction score
i just got me a fancy duda diesel wort chiller, before i used a cfc with a thrumometer from blichman. Problem now it i got 1/2 fittings, does anyone know of or have a way to monitor the temperature of the wort coming from the outlet?

I put a street elbow on the chiller then attached my O2 Stone/Therm combo.

Like this but this one doesn't have the o2 stone. This what you are looking for?

2582.jpg

Inline Thermometer - Assembly
FE394

This is the Thermometer half of the FE390. One side has a 3/8" Barb and the other has a 1/2" fnpt. Add a H616 barb or use alone or thread on to a 1/2" npt fitting. It is used to measure the temperature on the outflow side of your counterflow wort chiller.

an o2 stone would be great! would you have a parts list for what you have? does yours have a valve to shut the o2 on or off. i have a 10 lb cylinder that i will be using for my o2

I was originally using the RebelSmart from Rebel Brewer, but decided that I didn't want to deal with the large, fixed, thermometer face. So, I redesigned it to use a thermowell that I can put the sensor from one of my digital thermometers into.

Plate_Chiller_Thermal_sensor_array.jpg

I used one 1/2" T fitting, 1/2" 2-piece ball valve (from the RebelSmart), a male to male (1/2" NPT) hex nipple and one 1/2" (standard) 90 degree elbow. I fit a female cam lock QD on the chiller side of the assembly and a male at the wort out side of it. Obviously the chiller has male fittings to match this.

With using QD's, I can easily remove it for cleaning and storage. It also means I can better position it for use.

With the digital thermometer I don't need to wonder what the temperature is, or have to lean over it. It has a 10' cable on it, so I could position it almost anywhere I want. I use a small rubber stopper (I drilled it out) to hold the thermometer probe in position.

The thermowell is from Brewer's Hardware and it's amazing (IMO). Plus, it's short enough that I don't need to have more pipe to get it to pick up where I want it to.

rvklein said:
What adapter is morebeer using to connect the flare fitting on the o2 stone to the 1/2" NPT?

I'm curious how they are doing also
mcmaster part numbers would be helpful. suprised bargainfittings doesn't have a solution for this

I put a street elbow on the chiller then attached my O2 Stone/Therm combo.

Like this but this one doesn't have the o2 stone. This what you are looking for?

2582.jpg

Inline Thermometer - Assembly
FE394

This is the Thermometer half of the FE390. One side has a 3/8" Barb and the other has a 1/2" fnpt. Add a H616 barb or use alone or thread on to a 1/2" npt fitting. It is used to measure the temperature on the outflow side of your counterflow wort chiller.

I have a setup like that, only I added camlocks on each end. I just pop the whole thermometer section off.

Then, I can clean the "T" well, and bake or boil the chiller.

Back