Duda Diesel, customer service, I'm not mad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
I'm not mad at Duda Diesel. I will get what I ordered. I have used their product for years and liked it. I ordered a 30 long plate chiller with all NPT fittings, at the same time (Sunday) I sent them an email with my order number saying if they had one with 3/4 garden hose and 1/2 NPT I would rather have that? The next day (today) at noon they sent me an email saying they are out of that model. So I emailed then back asking if they had it in a size larger? They sent me a email saying it had shipped. I'm all for fast shipping, but I feel like the person who handled this rushed the customer service process. After all, I was trying to buy something bigger and give them more money. I'm a little bummed, not that I'm getting the chiller, but that they didn't communicate well and just shipped it. The point of this is to say, with this company it's probably better to call.

I just got another email, saying "no the fittings are all NPT" so I thought I'd call and check to see if was actually shipped. They said for me to up grade to the next size the price jump would be at least $80, so my original plan of up grading to a bigger size with the fitting I wanted was a bust. They gave me a fedex number and it will be here Wednesday. "No harm, No foul" everything worked out for the best. A quick phone call was the thing to do. I still like DD, but will call in my orders if they vary from what's shown on the net. The person I talked to on the phone was very nice.

This is enough.

If you aren't mad and aren't blaming anyone, then why the thread describing and seemingly complaining?

No need to continue bickering. Closing thread. If the OP's point was to describe his experience, then this would make a nice addition to the COMPANY REVIEW forum...

-Homer

Sorry to say that I had a similar experience. I placed my order online, after a long research process. I still wasn't sure that this was the exact model I wanted so I added a note to my order, in the "special instructions" area stating "I just want to make sure this has the garden hose fittings and the 1/2" male NPT on the other two." about two hours later I received an e-mail.

The heat exchanger you ordered is not the model with garden hose connections.

That item is here:
http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX1230BWGH

Please call us at 256-340-4866 to pay the difference, and we will change your order.

It was after hours so I called promptly, the very next morning. To my dismay they already shipped the wrong Plate Chiller. It was the one I ordered, but as the sales person stated if I called in "we will change your order". Now Duda Diesel is washing their hands of any ownership of the wrong plate chiller shipping. Now I pay the shipping, to ship it back, and to pour salt in the wound a 15% restocking fee.

And at the end of the conversation Courtney said that she was happy that I will NEVER do business with Duda Diesel again. I am in customer service, deal with customer service quite often, and have never been so upset. From what I’ve heard of Brian Duda I don’t think this is how he planned to operate.

Back